Did a full Time Machine restore, iPhone 4 not showing up in iTunes

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

MarcDC

I recently installed a new internal HD in my MBP and did a full Time Machine restore (pretty cool actually, everything pretty much works as it used to, save for one or two things). The problem I'm running in to is iTunes does not recognize my iPhone 4 when I plug it in.

After the full TM restore was done, I tried to open iTunes and it said iTunes was corrupt. I deleted it by dragging the application to the trash, and then went and redownloaded and installed the newest version. I also transferred my entire music library from my external hard drive, and it all works just fine.

I'm running version 10.0.1 of iTunes and 4.1 on my iPhone 4

I've reset the computer, reset the phone, tried plugging it into a different usb port, and nothing works. iPhoto still recognizes my phone, and my friend's computer recognizes it as well, so it's definitely an issue with my iTunes.

Any ideas?

MarcDC

CJM:

thanks.

I don't have mobile me, so that first link is not applicable, nor does it address issues with the iPhone not being recognized by iTunes.

the second link is regarding issues if the SDK was installed on the computer, which I never did.

the third link addresses the applications tab not showing up once your iPhone is connected to iTunes. this is not my problem... in fact, i wish i had the problem, as it assumes iTunes is showing the iPhone connected as a device. plus as i said, I have version 4.1 installed on my iPhone 4 (being up to date is not a problem, and other computers running iTunes can detect my phone when plugged in)

the fourth link addresses my issue but does not fix it:

-im running the most recent version of itunes
-ive already deleted and redownloaded itunes as noted in my original post
-my phone is fully charged
-ive reset my phone multiple times
-ive shutdown and restarted my computer multiple times

thanks for the help, but unfortunately none of these links resolved the issue. i made sure to do my own diligence before i posted here, rather than be another guy that asks the same question that's been answered before a thousand times.

if you have any other ideas that would be great. thanks sir.

MarcDC

just want to update this thread... I took my computer to the apple store, and after 1.5 hours they were able to fix the problem.

when i did the system restore via time machine one of the plist files on my computer got corrupted, specifically the com.apple.usbmuxd.plist file. this is the file that dictates how devices are launched when connected through the usb port. somehow time machine duplicated this file, and turned my original file into a document file. this is the file that osx was trying to launch every time my phone was connected to the computer. i guess it really only affected itunes... anyways, we deleted this original file so osx simply used the new, duplicated file which was uncorrupted.

this completely fixed my issue.

just wanted to report back in case anyone else had/has this issue.