Dells promotion looks gone

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mongoos150

Dell is no longer offering the iPods at the discounted rate, or Dell is not offering the iPods for sale at all? Please clarify.

destined_wind

Website
www.destinedwind.freeweb-hosting.com
Allow me to clarify...

Usually, Ipods is listed under the accessories catagory, I submitted a search there (usually) and two of the results are 15 and 30 gb ipods... Now, a few minutes ago I searched the entire website and the 15 gb and 30 gb ipods didn't show up... I just saw on another forum that dell got so many orders for ipods last week that they didn't have enough to ship (I doubt they had enough to begin with, if any!) so they pulled the product... So, they no longer offer ipods, for now... (at any price)

ein

in the canadian dell website
if you search ipod, it'll returns nomad zen!

careerjp

Searched Dell today to get promo on the 15g...but cant find the promo anywhere. Any insight into exactly where to find the promo referred to in an earlier post??

wickerbill

Why should Dell hate Apple? That's probably one of the funniest things I've read today. The #1 computer company in the world compared to a niche player. They don't really compete too much. Dell sells the vast majority of their computers to corporations and that is not something Apple has been strong in.

The reason they are not listed is because Dell is the only place I know of that is selling the new ipods for such a great price and I'm sure they were deluged with orders over the last week. Since they are already out of stock and have tons of unfilled orders waiting for product, they probably decided to stop taking orders so they can catch up and people don't place an order and get mad because the ETA is sometime in July. Wait a few weeks until they can catch up and they will have sales like this again and you can order one then.

Island Roots

Well, Dell just renewed their contract with Apple not even a month ago, so they may have temporarily pulled it off the site due to the massive demand for the discounted offer.

Island Roots

destined_wind said:
Jesus! I thought not many people knew that dell had a discount rate for ipods...well, I guess I was late on the discount run... Well, I don't care much for dell or Apple anymore, I just want my Ipod to come...
The deal ended 5/15

doboy

Hope my iPod from Dell has no problems because I got mine with the incredible deal on the 15th and it already shipped the next day; and if Dell doesn't carry it anymore, I can't exchange it if there is a problem. I was really surprised that it was shipped cause I was expecting them to ship it about 2 wks later. I really doubt Dell won't carry it anymore. :rolleyes:

sammermpc

Apparently their discounts went through to yesterday...I bought one at Dell at about 5 pm pacific last night. When i checked back 10 minutes later they'd been wiped from the website. I got confirmation emails from dell and everything...if they did stop carrying them or something, is it possible for them not to honor this? I got a great deal.

d00f

Dell was selling 30GB iPods for $404-409 shipped, depending on which coupons were valid for you when you ordered the iPod. I saved a bunch by going through dell rather than the Apple store.

doboy

fruxo said:
humm, how much of a discount did dell have?
I got 10% off of 15gb ($40) + $45 (purchase over $400). But to meet the $400 quota, I bought a firewire cable for ~$8. I didn't want the 30gb cause I don't have that much music and it's a bit thicker. Plus no tax and free shipping.

destined_wind

Website
www.destinedwind.freeweb-hosting.com
yeah, same here, I bought my 15 gb model for 320 and a firewire card for 40...total = 358 or so... Still, my order for the firewire card has already shipped...but the IPod, well, thats a different story, it is STILL delayed... I am tempted now to call dell and ask them for an EXACT shipping date...anyone think this is a good idea?

Rob

destined_wind said:
yeah, same here, I bought my 15 gb model for 320 and a firewire card for 40...total = 358 or so... Still, my order for the firewire card has already shipped...but the IPod, well, thats a different story, it is STILL delayed... I am tempted now to call dell and ask them for an EXACT shipping date...anyone think this is a good idea?
Unless it's after the "on or before" date it gave you (it gave me the 30th as that date), then don't call because they will not be able to tell you anything other than "it will ship on or before the 30th."

doboy

destined_wind said:
When did u order your iPod? Mine seem to have shipped the next day (16th). I really doubt they will give you the exact date. Few times I had bad experience with the "backordered" orders from Dell.

sammermpc

I got a 15 gig one for about 315 with various stackable coupons and stuff. My guess is dell temporarily pulled it cus' they were losing their shirt. Those 45 dollars off of purchases over 350 prolly killed em' - they want you to get the coupon with like 1000 dollars worth of purchases, all the ipod buyers barely passed the limit. Then they make the mistake of coming out with some additional promotions, free shipping, 10% off of peripherals...Get swamped with orders, lose money...and bam.