Deleting stuff on Ipod through Itunes

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Nordenberg

Hi,
I recently updated to the latest version of Itunes. But now I cannot seem to access the playlists on my Ipod through Itunes. What I want to do is simply to delete old podcasts etc. I can however add songs to the Ipod.

I have marked the "handle music and videos manually" button in Itunes and am using a PC.

Thanks for your help!

cjmnews

Staff member
After you set the "manually manage" on your iPod, click Apply to set the mode.

Then you should be able to access the playlists on your iPod.

alice04

If you are using the Manually manage music settings, choose iPod in the iTunes sidebar, it's under DEVICES. Then Click the toggle to the left of the iPod, to drop down the iPod's content list indented under the iPod. Click on Music. Select the song you want to remove on that list then there you go delete :)

Nordenberg

Sorry I'm a bit slow alice but the wierd thing is that i dont have Devices or Library or anything acutally but Playlists in the side bar. What am I doing wrong here? Everything was working fine 'til I did an update a while ago...

cjmnews

Staff member
On iTunes 11, the Side Bar is hidden by default, you can see it by clicking on View, Show Sidebar.

Now that it is visible, you should see your Library, complete with Music, Apps, etc, the iTunes Store, and all your playlists.

Plug in your iPod, and you should see a new section show up called Devices.
If you click on the triangle next to the iPod's name under Devices it should expand, showing you Music, Movies, Playlists, etc.

If you click on the Music section under your iPod the right side of the screen will show you music that is on your iPod. Select 1 or more tracks in the right side of the window, press the delete key and they should be removed if you have manually manage set.