Deleted library - whoops!!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

freddyuk

Well i read all the info on transferring my Itunes music from my p/c tp my external harddrive.
I copied my library by changing the drive letter and then consolidated my library.
I checked that various songs were located on the "f" drive by clicking on a song in itunes and looking at "get info" which showed up as "f....." in all cases that i checked.
Great so all my music is now on the external harddrive.

I went into my "C" drive and deleted my itunes library.
Went back to Itunes and guess what, no music at all in the library.
If i click on the song on the "F" drive it will load onto Itunes library and then play.

Not all my music is in the folders on the "F" drive but it appears the songs are in there somewhere.

How do i get my library back in one go from the "F" drive.

Does this make any sense??

laurenglenn

freddyuk said:
Well i read all the info on transferring my Itunes music from my p/c tp my external harddrive.
I copied my library by changing the drive letter and then consolidated my library.
I checked that various songs were located on the "f" drive by clicking on a song in itunes and looking at "get info" which showed up as "f....." in all cases that i checked.
Great so all my music is now on the external harddrive.

I went into my "C" drive and deleted my itunes library.
Went back to Itunes and guess what, no music at all in the library.
If i click on the song on the "F" drive it will load onto Itunes library and then play.

Not all my music is in the folders on the "F" drive but it appears the songs are in there somewhere.

How do i get my library back in one go from the "F" drive.

Does this make any sense??
If it's on your iPod, I'd recommend using CloneTrans to copy the ratings, playcounts, and files back into your iTunes library.

Lauren