delete songs/playlists from ipod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

juniorop

hello,
I am using the 4 ipod scripts by John Paul Davis from doug's web site and i get this message when i run any of the scripts thru iTunes that deal with deleting songs.

every <<class cTrk>> of <<class cPly>> "ipod name" of <<class cSrc>> "ipod name" of application "iTunes" doesn't understand the delete message

I doubt it is my iPod name as it is "JR OP" no weird characters there.
Running it thru script editor gets the same error.
Could it have something to do with apple including new classes for portable devices? the s track and device playlist?
Any thoughts,
Thanks,
JO

Website
dougscripts.com
The scripts work fine at my house. In the interest of Progress I did delete every track from my iPod three times.

I'm sure John will investigate.

BTW: I believe the s track dictionary entry to be a fluke. It's definition is the ominously short "a track residing..." Where???

Boo!

juniorop

thanks for the response

Yea.. i thought that description was a tad odd, but then when i read about the device playlist and it mentioned the s track as an element, i just assumed it was poor documentation on a new feature???
Thanks and i hope there is an answer somewhere...
JO

Website
dougscripts.com
device playlist has been around since iTunes 2.0 and its usual element is device track. I hadn't noticed that s track had popped up there instead. Most people would probably use plain track anyway when ref'ing a track on a device.