Delayed Write failed

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iZach

just got my new 4gb nano, put the disc in did all of that plugged in the ipod into a usb 2.0 , selected language however itunes did not open or recognize it and i got the message delayed write failed, ipod update freezes when i open it, and ive tried reinstalling itunes and tried different usb ports what do i do?

ibryus

I also have the same problem with my wife's new 4GB nano we bought last night.

My Dell WinXP Pro laptop has no problem with my 30GB iPod Photo.

hoffm11

ibryus said:
I also have the same problem with my wife's new 4GB nano we bought last night.

My Dell WinXP Pro laptop has no problem with my 30GB iPod Photo.
I figure out how to fix this today.

Plug in the ipod.

You need to Close iTunes and the ipodUpdater.

In the task manager, end the ipodcontrol and ituneshelper tasks.

Open a command prompt (start-run-cmd)
Format your ipod.. BE CAREFUL NOT TO FORMAT YOUR COMPUTER.
A example of this is (format e:\)

When that is done, run the ipod updater and it should update the ipod, then restart your computer.

Help this helps.

Hanafuda

hoffm11 said:
I figure out how to fix this today.

Plug in the ipod.

You need to Close iTunes and the ipodUpdater.

In the task manager, end the ipodcontrol and ituneshelper tasks.

Open a command prompt (start-run-cmd)
Format your ipod.. BE CAREFUL NOT TO FORMAT YOUR COMPUTER.
A example of this is (format e:\)

When that is done, run the ipod updater and it should update the ipod, then restart your computer.

Help this helps.

Nope. :eek:

I get the "Delayed Write Error" every time I try to update our 8GB Nano, ever since the library of files being written to it went over 1.6GB. Sometimes I can fool it into going past 1.6GB by syncing just a little at a time, but before it finishes (the library currently consists of 2.08GB) this error will come up. I've tried every online remedy for this problem that exists, and the Nano's even been back to Apple when a 2hr. long phone session with an Apple tech (without accent) still reproduced the problem even with all the tricks in his bag.

As long as the total amount of files being synced to the Nano is less than 1.6GB, it'll finish it 100% perfectly every time. But once you pass 1.6GB, the liklihood of getting a Delayed Write Failed error increases almost exponentially with every new file being written. By continuing to suspend the sync before it hangs, I recently got it up to where there's only 6 files left to be written to have the full 2.08GB on there. But it can't make it through those 6 songs, so the size of the write has nothing to do with it. At this point I'm not even trying anymore, because after the error happens several times and I keep resetting the Nano, eventually all the files disappear and I have to do a restore and start from scratch.

Apple said there was no problem with this Nano. I know there could be an issue with my PC, but given the circumstances this doesn't seem likely. Why would it be able to write up to 1.5GB all at once no problem, but not be able to write the remaining 18mb or so in the 6 songs left now that just won't sync. Oh, and its not those particular files .. I've synced the files in different sequences to rule that out. I never saw "Delayed Write Failed" before the nano and iTunes.

Anyway, any ideas?

franticnomad

HUGE Metallica Fan
Website
www.damonsharp.com
have you added anything recently to your library that you are trying to sync? maybe you have a corrupt file and when itunes gets ready sync that file to your ipod it's having trouble?

edit: uhmm...never mind...just read your last sentence.