DEFINITIVE: iPod 5G Accessory Compatibility Thread

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Marilynfan

Website
marilynmonroe.ca
jshutzman said:

Anyone knows anything about a voice recorder for 5G????
This is the only thing that is bothering me. I just sold my 4G and all accessories (including my iTalk) and ordered the video iPod. I would have no problem buying a new recorder BUT THERE ISN'T ONE AVAILABLE. What is up with that?

Judylicious

I have a question. I have a 4th gen/40 gb (b&w) dock right now. It appears to have been made in 2003. Would this be compatible with the 5th gen 60 gb?

And what about the 4th gen wall charger?

prodigy75

I got a mini 1st generation and I plan to buy a 5G

could someone tell if this accessory could work with 5G :

Ipod mini dock

Wall charger

Altec Immini

thank to you

AgentMJZ

PAC-AUDIO IPOD2CAR adapter works perfectly!!!
Tested yesterday in my GMC Jimmy

Website
www.ilounge.com
Judylicious said:
I have a question. I have a 4th gen/40 gb (b&w) dock right now. It appears to have been made in 2003. Would this be compatible with the 5th gen 60 gb?

And what about the 4th gen wall charger?
The 4th Generation wall chargers will work just fine. The dock connector is physically and electronically compatible with the 5th Generation, so as long as the iPod actually fits into the dock it will work with any dock-based accessory.

The only exception to this is accessories that sync via FireWire. You can charge via the FireWire cable on the 5G, but you cannot transfer data using it.

prodigy75 said:
I got a mini 1st generation and I plan to buy a 5G

could someone tell if this accessory could work with 5G :

iPod mini dock

Wall charger

Altec Immini
The wall charger will work fine, as again the dock connector is fully compatible for charging. However, the 5G will not fit into the docking space on iPod mini dock and Altec IM mini, as it is a physically larger device.

mromeo

Website
mromeo.com
Axxess Wire -Tunes

Works Just like my photo. Can't comment on displaying the song info on the head unit because my head unit only does disc and track numbers :-(

InfernalEternal

Does anyone know when or if iSkin will release skins for the new G5 Video iPods or if Apple will release tube cases for the G5s?

adidas10254

The Altec Lansing Mini speakers will work the the 5g, all i had to do was cut off the sides "thingys" sticking up on the sides

chetau

Re: DEFINITIVE: iPod 5G Accessory Compatibility Thread - Post All Comments Here

jhollington said:

1. The top connector has been changed. The accessory/remote connector is no longer present, and therefore any accessories that connect to this will definitely not be compatible.
what was this remote connector? sorry, never really used an ipod before!

yrstruly

i too am interested in whether the bti battery will work - namely the first gen one.

has anyone found out? i will be getting my ipod in a few weeks (hopefully) and would love if i could keep using the battery.

yrstruly.

RoseB

recording accesories for G5 ipod?

Marilynfan said:
This is the only thing that is bothering me. I just sold my 4G and all accessories (including my iTalk) and ordered the video iPod. I would have no problem buying a new recorder BUT THERE ISN'T ONE AVAILABLE. What is up with that?
So does anyone know if there are compatible voice recorders for the new ipods? I bought the Griffin Italk at the same time as my ipod online and now I see it won't fit...

frankH

Ice>Link Plus works with 5G iPod

I have an IceLink plus in my car. Even though the holder doesn't exactly match the new (thinner) shape of my 60GB 5G iPod, it does fit and it works exactly as my old 30GB 3G did. The only thing is the extreme small size of the menu display. Song title display is scaled up to match the new bigger screen size of the iPod, so no complaints about that. No video on screen, but I didn't expect that.

yrstruly

re: bti battery packs. i have the first generation pack and just plugged it into my 5g ipod. it seemed to work. when i plugged it in the ipod came on after a night of sleeping, so i'm assuming that means it works. since i have the first generation bti the pod doesn't fit well into the holster, but i'm thinking i can find 4g holsters on ebay or from bti and be well on my way!

yrstruly.