Decided to not use audible on my ipod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

chucka

Not that it didnt work great, i just dont carry my ipod everywhere i go. i still listen to all my music from it though.

anyways, i ended up buying a 256mb sd card for my treo600 and it works great with it. i can put 2-3 books at a time on the card, i can take the card out and put it back in and it always remembers where i ended. i decided this because i always have the treo with me all time since its my phone too and i never know when i will be somewhere that i need to kill time and i love listening to the audiobooks to pass time.

sorry to ramble on, i just thought i would share.

gshipley

so, your saying the battery on your treo lasts over 20 hours if it only goes down 5% an hour. Every handheld/phone combo I had would last 2 hours max.

5% every hour
10% every two hours
20% every four hours
30% every six hours
etc etc

chucka

gshipley said:
so, your saying the battery on your treo lasts over 20 hours if it only goes down 5% an hour. Every handheld/phone combo I had would last 2 hours max.

5% every hour
10% every two hours
20% every four hours
30% every six hours
etc etc
so are you calling me a liar?

i listened to the book nonstop for an hour with the screen off and it only went down 5%. thats without talking on the phone or messing with any of the other features of the phone/pda. so yes i am saying that it gets pretty good battery life, a lot better than the ipod. but it is my phone and pda so i'm not saying that after 6 hours its only going to lose 30%. But if i did just listen to the book and not mess with anything else it would be pretty darn close.

i didnt start this to trash the ipod because i love mine, i was just saying that i'm listening to audible on my phone now since i have it with me all the time and not the ipod.

btw. the treo600's battery has 4 hours or continuous talk time or 10 days of continuous standby time. and i'm sure the audible program doesnt take that much juice to run.

Last edited:

w00glin

ipod inspired
Website
www.davecole.ca
I don't doubt you in the slightest. Do I need to bring up how long a minidisc will play on just one double-A battery?