• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

dead blu ray remote

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DR0570

In the living there’s an LG blu ray play that about 9 years old. Everything was still working fine until last night. The player did not respond to the remote control, I tried switching batterie...nothing. Unfortunately I live in Mex and they don’t have universal remotes for American players. I really want to wait until we move back to Texas...if it was up to me we’d already be there but no...my mother needs more $$$$$ to move. The longer we stay the more things and computers will go out and we’ll have replace which financially knocks us back.....
how can a remote control just all of a sudden die like that?! It doesn’t seem possible!

DR0570

I’m thinking maybe I can download a remote control app on my iPad for the lg blu Ray.

DR0570

I’m really thinking if any device is older than 5 years, it’s out of date and the apps and modern universal remotes can’t work on anything prior to 2014. Also, and I think this is the problem, the blu Ray player has no WiFi. It’s just a basic blu ray player with USB port. ☹ I’m pretty much screwed on this, it looks like..☹

cjmnews

Staff member
This is not an Apple related problem, so the thread was moved.

No the device is not too old.

Generally remotes stop working because:
The remote is not pointed at the device where the signal is received
The remote is too far away from the device
There is an obstacle between the remote and the device
The batteries are dead or put in incorrectly (backwards), or corrosion of the contacts prevents new battery from working.

The remote sensor is just to the left of the play button. So make sure there is nothing blocking that.
You may want to clean the front of the device and the transmitter end of the remote with a damp cloth.
If the battery contacts are corroded, you can try to clean them, but generally this is when the remote needs replacing.

You can also try looking at the top of the remote and push a button to see if a light comes on or not. Some remotes do this to allow the user to know there is good battery (light on) or battery problem (no light).

I see several replacements for sale, though that may be out of reach for you. Modern universal remotes can work.

DR0570

I just found the model number BD620.. I think, it’s hard to see...
so in all that the real question is: is there a remote control app that will control BD620 blu ray player?

DR0570

No... I assure you... the remote does not work at all... please trust me.

cjmnews

Staff member
The model number was clear to me.
No, there is not a way to perform remote operations from an iPhone. There is no IR transmitter nor can one be added.