David Grigg: Auto-Insert Tracks in Burned Audio CD?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Stensvaag

Law Prof
Website
soli.inav.net
Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. Sorry to invoke your name, David, but you posted this in another thread some time back:

>>Just by the way, a while ago I wrote myself a program which will cut up a WAV file into pieces. I know there's a thing called MP3 splitter which works well for MP3 files, but the advantage of my WAV file cutter is that it will identify SILENCES in the audio and let you cut there - so no more breaks in the middle of words. Anyone interested in a copy? <<

I wonder whether you might be able to work your wizardry to do something related to this. Is it possible to take an *.m4a (or even better, *.m4b) file, and either: (1) automatically break it into 5-minute or so tracks while burning to a CD; or (2) cut it up into separate track files of approximately that length that could then be burned to a CD in iTunes.

I realize that Audible Manager does this beautifully, but you need to start with an Audible file (or, perhaps, an MP3 file, but I haven't tried that). I have a bunch of hard-to-get audio books that I have ripped in real-time from audio tapes to 45-minute *.m4b files, and I would like to help my 89-year old mother be able to listen to them on CDs. One 45-minute track per CD (representing a single side of an audio tape) is a possibility, but I'd feel better if she could find her place in it more easily if she gets lost.

Thanks for any help you (or other forum members) can provide.

david1951

Website
www.ipodsoft.com
My process is to rip tapes to WAV format (one big file). Then my software cuts into it bits, which I then convert to .mp3 and play back on my MP3 CD player.

I could probably figure out how to cut up MP3 files, having just started to learn the format for my BookConverter software, but AAC files are a black hole to me at present.