Dave Grohl: Nirvana or Foo Fighters

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

darling_nikki

Nirvana, but my opinion's biased, i love Nirvana more than any other band in the world, but he's still great with Foo fighters, the others in the band arent that great tho.

tat2dphreak

define "legally obtained"
he was just the drummer for nirvana... I think he's much better in foo fighters!! I wasn't a huge nirvana fan though...

heroshima

Nirvana hands down, they changed music forever. Foo fighters may be good, but they wouldn't even be around if nirvana didn't open doors all those years before.

iMacc

'' Mr 10 Posts A Day ''
Website
www.last.fm
In Nirvana he was just a drummer who sang some backing vocals.

In the Foo Fighters, well, he basically is the the Foo Fighters in a sense. He played every instrument on the first album and sang every word and i think he even produced it aswell(correct me if i'm wrong). After that he recruited the rest of the band and IMO all four albums are excellent.The Foo Fighters has given Grohl the chance to show the world that he didn't belong in the background and i like that he didn't just sit back and continue to be remembered as ''the drummer from a band that defined a generation''.Instead, he started over and created a band that are still relevant today and have a somewhat different sound to Nirvana,rather than copying them.(which he could just as easily done and got away with IMO)

So, i will go with: ''He's better in the Foo Fighters''

pseudocide

illest villian
apples to oranges, he was in a secondary role in nirvana, but nirvana was a more important band.

on the other hand i think imacc said it best, dave grohl is the foo fighters, and i like the foo fighters as well.

so i'll say he's better in the foo fighters

ACLeroK212

This really isn't that much of a debate. If you say Nirvana, your just being biased to which band you like better. But before the Foo Fighters the only way you would possibly know who Dave Grohl was, is if you were a die hard Nirvana fan. But Cobain owned the influence in that band and Grohl was really just along for the ride, whereas with the Foo Fighters, you really get to see the best of Grohl.

If you really want to see fists fly though, try to debate Cobain vs. Grohl or Nirvana vs. Foo Fighters. At least you can draw up some kind of relevant comparison then besides drummer vs. front man.

bighusker

I'm not sure how you can really compare him when he was a drummer for one band and the lead singer of the other. :confused:

I am a fan of both bands though...much more so of Nirvana.

NiTRO

Pleather BarcaLounger
Grohl is a phenominal drummer. His contribution to Nirvana should not be underestimated.

Both are great accomplishments and stand on their own merits.
It really speaks to the talant that Dave possesses!