Custom Genre Artwork

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Thanks for the great genre artwork. They do make good album artwork when you have disk that that doesn't have it. My son's music was burned to a disk that didn't have song titles, album, genre or artists names information given. So I made up the info & used the custom genre art as album artwork. It looks good. It helps to identify each album by using a different custom artwork.

Great job done by everyone.

Last edited:

Germansuplex

Just a word of caution if any of you are interested in downloading third-party apps that provide an gui for changing genre artwork: Some of these modify the .plist file in such a way that it will no longer open in notepad and cannot be re-edited with the same program. My advice is to backup your genres.plist file for safekeeping in case there's a problem, that way you can easily restore the original and re-edit as needed.

Ausar

Twitter @Connectz_357
Hey, nice Flickr group! Could you guys make some for these genres please:

House
Chill House
Progressive House

Lo-Fi
NuJazz
Electro Jazz
Brasilectro (a mix of brazilian bossa nova and nujazz)
Downbeat
Broken Beat
Downtempo

Lounge
Dub

Underground Hip Hop
Trip Hop
Drum & Bass

If you need any examples of these let me know. I have all these music types.

mistymayem

does anyone have the backup file for the genre list? i accidentally messed mine up :eek:

Germansuplex

If you reinstall iTunes, it will re-create the original p-list file. A simple repair/reinstall of iTunes usually doesn't mess your library up, but backup your iTunes.itl file just in case before doing so.

Ten Years Gone

just created and added a few dozen new ones, mostly based on the request list

many of these are easy to make, just taking a graphic and cropping it square and a little editing

;)

Last edited:

iPod=cool 08

first of all, thanks for creating this thread! i love this whole concept!!!

for the flickr group, i don't want to search through 800+ pictures just to find a couple that i want. so, has there been a picture for "grunge" created? if so, could someone point me to it? if not, then i'd LOVE it if a grunge genre art picture was made. also, i found one picture for metal, but i was wondering if there were any other metal genre pictures. any links would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!:D

iPod=cool 08

never mind - i was able to search the group and find what i wanted.

oh, and i downloaded the iTunes Genre Art Manager, and i absolutely love it!!! thanks for making such an easy-to-use tool, daniel!!!!!!