cruelty-free cases

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

tiki_god

Website
www.goveg.com
As a vegetarian i believe killing animals is wrong and try to do my best to stop the killing....does anyone know of any cases that do not use animal products in them....and where could i buy one??? Thanks for your help!:)

AndyH

No offense, but I don't think this is the type of thing that most people here are going to know about. In all of my reading on various cases (both here and at manufacturers web sites), I've never seen a case mentioned that was "animal friendly".

I think you're going to have to ask the manufacturers customer-service reps directly.

iJman

The Avid Teenage Podder
lol funny funny thread...

I'd help you but I'm laughing too hard...

...but I don't know crap like that anyway.

Sorry bud...

hahahahahhahahaha. :)

tiki_god

Website
www.goveg.com
iJman said:

Sorry bud...

I for one don't think killing animals is verry funny:mad:
....but this is not the time nor the place for that disscussion.

dekkerd

84 hours a week
OT: What's funny? His beliefs, and he's willing to act (i.e. put his money on the table for them). As long as noone tells me what to eat, they can eat what they want.

T: No idea. definitely something to email the various manufacturers about, 1st I've seen it mentioned on the boards. In fact, post the replies here, so others may know. Don't automatically disqualify the makers of leather cases. Is it real leather? Be sure to specify if you're talking absolutely no byproducts, including manufacturing products.

Good luck

SimonTemplar

Dharma Bum
Website
homepage.mac.com
tiki_god said:
As a vegetarian i believe killing animals is wrong and try to do my best to stop the killing....does anyone know of any cases that do not use animal products in them....and where could i buy one??? Thanks for your help!:)

Well....lets see now....

You could get a Vaja case. Without a doubt the all out best made iPod case on the market. But then....it's leather.

Or....you could get a Contour Showcase or an Evo iSkin. Probably the best of the plastic cases to be had. But then....they're plastic. Massive amounts of petro-chemicals required for their manufacture. Not to mention the consumption of irreplaceable natural resources and the generation of all sorts of pollution and toxic by-products.

Or.....you could wrap your iPod in Saran Wrap. Same problems as above.

Or.....you COULDjust wrap your iPod in wax paper. More destruction of rainforests and various other natural resources. More polution, carcinogens, and the like.

So....it would seem you're just plain screwed. With all of that plastic in the iPod, not to mention all of the chromed steel (and the toxic gasses and chemicals required for the chroming process). I won't even mention what goes into (and comes out of) the manufacture of the electronic components inside of it.

I guess that maybe you shouldn't have bought that iPod after all, huh?

.....sT

Last edited:

Sypher

transmissions94
Website
www.undergroundhiphop.com
^ Haha. I think making sure the case for your iPod is "cruelty free" is going a bit far.. meh, at least you're not a vegan :)

Ok.. I've had my rant.. you think killing animals is wrong, then the more power to you. But I'm notoriously anti-veggie lol. My friends even bought me a "Save the Pig - Eat at the Veggie Cafe" T-Shirt as a p-ss take..lol

A silicon case like the eXo2 or eVo is prolly your best bet. Unless you mind the toxic by-products mentioned by Simon :p

iJman

The Avid Teenage Podder
iJman said:

Sorry bud...

I reread my post, and yeh, it's harsh. I apologize.

...But that doesn't make you less screwed. Almost any case out there has at least PART of their manufacturing process involving nature in some way.

There's no way around it, unless you want a naked iPod.

...But then again, as Simon mentioned, you've already murdered multiple multiple plants and animals by choosing to buy your iPod.

Shame! :D

RiPpaGe

any silicon based case will be your best bet to a good and most "animal friendly" case

TexasAg

Even if you were able to find a "cruelty-free" case, UPS would run over about 15 animals in the process of delivering it to you...

SimonTemplar

Dharma Bum
Website
homepage.mac.com
azdude_15GB said:
Synthetic micro-fiber material. (?)

Of course let us not forget that all of the synthetic and synthetic micro-fibre materials out there are just polymers in a different form. Therefore, creating pretty much all the same pollution and outgassing as any other plastic construct. Not to mention the consumption of petro-chemicals and various non-replaceable planetary resources inherent in their manufacture.

....sT

jh-retired

Of course let us not forget that all of the synthetic and synthetic micro-fibre...
Hence the wink.

Besides, it would be quite hard to forget given how many times it has been said in this thread. :D Yes... Virtually everything the human race does (and that any race does, for that matter) impacts the environment in some way.

Jim_F

any silicon based case will be your best bet to a good and most "animal friendly" case
Agreed, and it is highly unlikely that any starlets are harmed in any way in the course of harvesting the requisite silicone.

dekkerd

84 hours a week
Holy thread drift Batman! Vegan= Rabid Enviromentalist?
The last few posts remind me of Anthony Edwards character in Northern Exposure(look it up if you don't know, that's why the Internet is there).
Ah well, I think the silicon idea is promising. We'll see if any vendors post replies to the parents emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.