Crackling Sound When Recording Video

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

joker0153

When I record a video with loud ambient noises or shouting, the mic crackles making the audio unbearable when playing back on a computer. Have any of you tried to test this? My nano is new and I have no problems with other features. just the recording of the sound.

RebelMinion

So this crackling is not part of the ambient noises you are talking about? If you are recording in an environment that is less loud, do you hear any crackling?

Can you try doing this again but control the situation? By that I mean, perhaps just generate a regular tone that you can make loud and see if it happens? I just want to make sure it is related to just general loudness instead of the mic just doing its best with ambient sounds that are loud.

R

joker0153

Spoken words at moderate tone is OK but the sound when I shout will crackle the mic. This does not happen in any of my digicams though. I contacted our reseller here and it is subject for replacement.

When I am doing a recording and everyone shout in excitement, this is those situation where the sound just crackles.

Anyone experiencing this too?

P.S. It also happens on the voice recorder app so the mic is really the problem.