Cracked lcd

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Xeco

What can be done if I have lines of dead pixels on my screen. It's really bothering me. Help me, please. :)

seXyauSSiebOi

my nanos screen got cracked and i got a new nano, the way i done is gone to the apple center and told them that the ipod heated up to be very hot and then instantly cooled, it worked after that but then when i turned it off for the night and come back in the morning it was cracked.
it took them 7 days to give me a new nano 4gb!

ArtDamage911

yeah thats one of the main reasons i never got a nano, they are so fragile, you'd think apple would replace or fix that...

cruzy

ahh

That sucks..does that happen often?? I have been considering purchasing a nano.. is it worth it??..is iPOD gonna give you a new nano???

lediisko

Website
www.myspace.com
:[

Yeahh,
my screen got messed up too.
I put it in my back pocket and sat down to help a homeless kitten [how ironic]
and when I stood up and took out my nano, I noticed that the bottom half of the screen was black.
It worked for a couple days, but then it froze.
I havn't gotten it to work since, even with the tips and stuff [although more couldn't hurt?].

I'm not too sure if you should get an iPod nano.
As you can see, they're pretty fragile;
but when they do work, they're the best things ever created [or atleast close to].

moneyinc

anyone want to sell me their broken ipod? please send me a private message.

thanks!

Apptech

Must Read

Apple Is Covering These Displays If There Is No External Damage, If You Find The Unit Is Only Internal Go To Depot.info.apple.com/ipod And The Unit Will Be Replaced!!!!!!

AlexSchira

All I see is 'LCD Damage due to cracking is not coered by warranty'. Is this a recent change or is there a real action to take?

ronnkillebrew

Based on a positive article I read, I shipped my iPod to iPod Mechanic for screen replacement over a month ago. I paid them via PayPal over two weeks ago. The only way to contact them is by email, and I get no response that way. BEWARE!!! Don't make the same mistake I did. Never again will I ship to any company without a phone number and without a live person to answer the phone.

think4_bailey

Website
www.think4.com
AlexSchira said:
All I see is 'LCD Damage due to cracking is not coered by warranty'. Is this a recent change or is there a real action to take?
No screen is covered by warranty if the product is mis-used. if you have knocked the screen whilst it was in your pocket, bending over to help homeless kittens etc technicians should be able to varify where the impact happened and the nano will have external markings. When talking about faulty Nano screens it was a small batch that was dealt with a long time ago and all others should be fine. If you have a faulty screen it will be an internal problem. My only suggestion would be next time purchase a protective case to reduce the risk.

dreyeeek

yesterday i borrowed my brothers nano and saw that the screen was broken. there were no signs of cracks. the half part of the nano is find but the bottom isnt. He got this probably 6months ago or more and got it from his friend. Do you think apple can do something about it?

VR4

The LCD on my 4gb nano also just recently broke. The break is almost exactly the same as the OP's (the left side of the screen is still somewhat readable) and I have no idea how it happened. I've had a case on it ever since I've bought it (way back in November, I guess). Is there any chance Apple will replace this for free? I don't have the apple extended care warranty

VR4

Just a little update - I went to the Apple store today and since my nano is from one of the first batches and there is no other damage to it, they agreed to replace it. They said I had to pay a $30 service fee though:confused: It was my understanding that if something is under warranty and it breaks, it gets fixed for free. They didn't have a black 4gb to replace mine with so I'll have go back to the store in a couple days but is there any way to avoid this "service fee?"

VR4

Latest update - The local Apple Store called me to let me know that they received my ipod in. I went to the store and when I talked to the clerk, he told me the $30 service fee had been waived. So, all I had to do was exchange my ipod with their new one and sign a couple papers. I'm actually pretty impressed with how quickly everyone with Apple handled this:)

specter134

yeah well today at football i was listening to my ipod in my hand and i had my cleats on and i slipped and fell right on my butt. Well i got up and about 10 minutes later I take a look at my ipod and all thats there is a racked screen and brown blotches( it was cracked underneath the first screen) so i was mad an im about to go the the apple store in hope they'll replace it...

DIYgirl

Cracked Lcd of a 2nd hand nano

Hey guys!
Did any of you get round to fixing them in the end? It just that there very few success stories here. I bought one off ebay and repaired it myself rather then pay the extra cash. Its really easy to do - the only hard part is to get the back off. Lcd was quite cheap too, about £17. I dont know what that transfers to in dollers but over in the UK you are looking at about £70 - 90 :shake: just to repair the Lcd. God forbid how much it would be if the hard drive got screwed?

keithnyc

DIY girl-
Wow, great job...never knew the LCD repair was a do-it-youself option! BTW, there's no hard drive on the Nano

DIYgirl

Appologies I'm still new at this and the nano I bought is my first iPod (Doh!and yes I am blonde) !:eek:
Um.. thank you i think? its pretty easy once you're past the part where you have to pry off the back (is the hardest) and involves lots of swearing but the rest is straight forward. You just have to be careful when seperating the circuit board from the faceplate.

d-bear

d-bear said:
now i'm a little concerned. i wish we could see pictures of all the cracked LCDs to compare which might be user error, and which me be a fluke, and like someone else had alluded to, to see if it's only on the white ones (perhaps only a certain gig, too).

i think it's odd that apple would say something to the effect of "with a launch like this, there are bound to be some problems" (and go figure, i can't find the thread anywhere), and seemingly disregard what could be a rather significant problem.
never did crack. i've dropped it many, many times, too. damn butter fingers.