Couple Of Questions

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Adi14

Hi, My name is ADI, I just bought a 30 gig black i pod for 50 dollars and my questions are

1. Can you install Itunes on a Windows ME, I have tried it says preparing to install and then after 10 seconds it dissappears and nothing happens Ive waited for like 10 minutes for it to contunue but nothing,
2. I have installed I tunes on the XP system now when I plug in the IPOD it says a high speed device has been plugged in to a low speed something i think port, does anyone know how to fix this, please help

Thanks, ADI

paranoidxe

1. No, Windows ME is not supported..and if its a 5.5G 30GB iPod (Johnny Depp/Red Hot Chili Peppers on the case, copyright disney 2006 on the bottom, search feature on the main menu of the iPod) then you'll require iTunes 7 or greater, if its a 5G (U2 on the cover, no search feature) then you can get away with using iTunes 6 which can be downloaded at oldapps.com which should run on Windows ME.

2. This is referring to the fact that you have a USB 1.1 port and not a USB 2 port, which means effectively your iPod will transfer and operate VERY VERY slow on your machine, get whats called a USB2 PCI Expansion Card, you install this and plug your iPod here and your iPod should run at full speed without a hitch. I also think you may not be able to charge your iPod off of a USB 1.1 port.

Adi14

i have no clue what it is all it is its black 30gb has the
apple ipod 30 gb on the back
and thanks for your help man im gonna try to update my ME to a XP, and do you think my hard drive on the ME is high speed?

Sephiroth

iPod FrEaK
it doesnt depend on the speed of your hard drive my friend. Your USB port is as old as a grandfather clock. My friend has a usb 1.1 port, and it takes him 30 mins to transfer around 50-60 songs. USB 2.0 transfers 1 song in less than a second.
You'd better upgrade to XP. It'll help you in the long run.