Corrupt file on Ipod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

invisibleman18

Corrupt file on iPod

When My ipod is connected to my computer, Itunes tells me I have used roughly 6gb, but when I go through settings and about on the iPod itself, it says I have only used 1.5gb and it has remained like that for a long time despite new music going on there constantly.
I think I have discovered the problem. Today when I connected my ipod to my computer a message came up that said: "The File or directory \iPod Control\Device\SysInfo is corrupt and unreadeable. Please run the Chkdsk Utility"
That must be the problem, so does anyone know the solution?
And what exactly is the "Chkdsk Utility"?

Last edited:

invisibleman18

wow 100 views and not 1 reply, I have just got back from holiday, I posted this the day before I went and had hoped there would be a reply when I got back.
So does anyone have any idea? or even could someone direct me to a good link? I haven't managed to find anything concerning this issue as yet, albeit I have only searched very briefly so far,

chronie

The one
then restore it.... if it means that much to you, i mean the ipod wont let you put more than your expected amount on it.

invisibleman18

well the info doesn't mean a great deal to me but I was just a bit worried about being told I have a "corrupt file" on my ipod.
If its harmless then I don't care.
And its a 40gb ipod, so putting more than expected on it is not an issue as yet.

Last edited: