Copying smartlists?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

SpideyPod

Long Time Podder
Website
stationa.net
If I create a smartlist on one computer that has the same exact music as another computer in the library can I copy that smartlist over to the second PC?

SpideyPod

Long Time Podder
Website
stationa.net
ginalee said:
You wouldn't need to copy it per se but simply create a smart playlist on the second pc using the same criteria, provided as you said the same titles are on it.
And therein lies the rub.
Hard to explain but here goes.
Taking Adams advice in this thread http://www.ipodlounge.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11486

I am attempting to sync my IPod with a library that is MUCH larger than my capacity on my 'Pod and un-checking songs is not the way I want to go. So taking Adam's advice I attempted to CTRL Click the first song in each artist group that I did not want to include in this smartlist.

The problem comes with the fact the main machine I sync with is a Win2K server using RealVNC (remote control software).

UNFORTUNATELY using Real VNC to connect disables the CTRL button, so CTRL clicking and deselecting groups of songs does not work for me. I could use MS's Terminal services to connect to the server but unfortunately TS has a whole host of problems when using removable disks that I get to avoid using RealVNC. Not to mention the havoc that TS unleashes on my ability to use my soundcard on my serevr which also has my main speaker system attached to it.
SO RealVNC's only drawback is this little CTRL snafu.

So my idea is to create the playlists on my other PC which I am physically on, deselect groups of songs, create the smartlist, and copy over to my server in order to sync with my IPod. Confused yet? ;)

So .....is that possible?

SpideyPod

Long Time Podder
Website
stationa.net
Ha! Sorry Alicia. I tried t put it as simply as possible. I actually was trying to avoid explaining it for fear of mucking it up which is why my initial question was simply can I copy smartlists.

I tried. :(

But thanks for the help. Hopefully Adam can help.

ashawley

Website
www.
Beauty sleep is over...not sure it helped a whole bunch.

But.....I don't think it's possible. I know that in MC9 you couldn't do it. Because smartlists aren't files, they are database values, or actually queries.

I understand your dilemna (too bad they didn't stick w/<shift> as the standard.

I can't seem to find another way to mass uncheck either....

Adam

SpideyPod

Long Time Podder
Website
stationa.net
ashawley said:
Beauty sleep is over...not sure it helped a whole bunch.

But.....I don't think it's possible. I know that in MC9 you couldn't do it. Because smartlists aren't files, they are database values, or actually queries.

I understand your dilemna (too bad they didn't stick w/<shift> as the standard.

I can't seem to find another way to mass uncheck either....

Adam
That?s what I thought Adam but thanks for the info. I am now combing the VNC boards to find a solution to give me the ability to CTRL+ click.

It?s amazing the simple things that can cause you to stumble huh?