Convert Higher Bit Rate Songs to 128 kbps AAC

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sallenmd

Using the "Convert Higher Bit Rate Songs to 128 kbps AAC" function seems to cause my new 160 GB classic to randomly go into an infinite reboot loop. Here's the situation:

I have accumulated more that 1,000 classical CDs over the past 25 years and got a bunch of 320 kbps MP3 files from my brother, from hundreds more CDs. I had ripped all of my files as 192 kbps AAC files back in the smaller hard drive days and recently ripped the rest at 256 now that multi-TB hard drives are affordable.

I elected to convert this mix to 128 kbps AAC while syncing to get as much as possible onto the iPod. Amazingly, it took >72 hours to fill up the iPod. After ejecting the iPod, I got it to play for a while and then synced it again to get play counts synced between the iPOd and the computer. The next time I tried to play the iPod, clicking on "Playlists" instantly started the iPod into an infinite reboot loop that could only be ended by switching to disk mode and restoring it. I then took another 72+ hours to sync it up again. Same infinite loop.

When I fill the iPod up without enabling "Convert Higher Bit Rate Songs to 128 kbps AAC" it works fine. A lot less music, unfortunately. Thus, I blame that conversion. I can't find anything on the web about this problem.

Has anyone here experienced this? Any theories?

sallenmd

Not at all

It works fine after I restored it and did not use the 128k conversion setting. It has been doing so for several days. If I use the setting, the infinite loop starts the very first time I click play.

Last edited: