Contour! What is taking you so long?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

px2so

I am holding back from purchasing 4G 40Giger until i can find a decent case. Contour is the name that always comes to my mind when it comes to ipod cases.

Is it just me or is there anyone else that is DYING for the next 4G Contour case?!

Argggg. Only thing that's hold me back!

SlowBye

You should be a little more patient for new cases. The companies need time to produce cases the are good quality and people will want to buy. The ipod was released 4 weeks ago tommorow (Monday August 16th) and who knows how long it took for third party case makers to get a 4g ipod to make a protoype case. Then there need to test them and fix them then test them and the process just keeps going. The only cases that are out that is specifically for the 4g are the marware sportsuit basic and convertible. Don't worry cases will start to be coming out very soon. Also, since you said contour is the name that comes to mind for cases. I have a 3g marware sportsuit convertible and I'm very happy with it.

Diomedes

I'd have to say Contour's Showcase (in black) is the best (and best-looking) iPod case. I've tried several with my old 3G - Marware, Xtremity, Booq, eXo. Here's my brief rundown:

Marware SportSuit Convertible - great all-around protection and carrying options; however, it adds considerable thickness to the iPod.
Xtremity - Worst case of the bunch - bought one at MWSF '04, and within a couple of weeks it scratched the hell out of my iPod. Xtrememac says they became aware of the issue, and after 3 months sent me the "new" one - it still scratched my iPod.
Booq - a good basic case, except the first production units didn't come with a screen protector. BY then I had moved on.
eXo - You get what you pay for; but the "customer service" made me swear never to do business with Lajo again.

Countour is the best, IMHO. And it can be used with the 4G iPod.

lextcy

HERE HERE!
I am waiting until Countour release a showcase for the 4G before buying one too
In fact, its the basis of my in car mount (I currently use the iSee with my 2G ipod)

px2so

Nice. Hard to see anything with just front view. Is everything else same as 3G Showcare? i.e Foam insert for 20GB?

lain

Will they have a blue one like they did for the 3rd Gen? Or will those other colors come out in a matter of time...?

And i also wish i know what the other side of the case looked like or if they added anything like padding/lining to the interior to keep the ipod from getting scratched.

Last edited:

random person

I just ordered one -- I should get it quickly and will let you know what it's like. My guess is it is similar to the 3G version with the foam insert to protect the back of the pod. I'll let you know what I think when it gets here!

lain

Thanks! I hope by the time you get yours, Contour isn't out of stock of these ^.^;;