continuous play issues and reappearing songs???

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

imullarney

Hey,
I am having problems playing songs continuously. Even when i turn on the shuffle button at the bottom it will only play one song at a time. meaning that if i click on a song it will play it until it is completed and then stop. to play another song it must be clicked on. Any idea why this is happening? it was working a few days ago but i have been going through my library and removing songs within itunes and my ipod.

Another problem that i had a few days ago is that i was removing songs from my library, every thing worked fine - chose to send song to recycle bin and it removed the song from the library. The next time i opened itunes the song information reappeared in itunes but the files were deleted from the itunes music folder.

any idea on either one?

BTW i have the newest version of itunes. i downloaded this once things started acting funny.

cjmnews

Staff member
For the Shuffle issue, this usually occurs if you have Skip on Shuffle set on your songs while Shuffle is turned on.

As for the deletion problem, it sounds like you may be deleting from the iPod, not from the iTunes library as if you were manually managing the iPod.

sgill

Solved it!

I know this is an old thread, but I recently suffered the same problem and stumbled across this while searching for a solution.

Anyway, exactly the same thing happened to me. I was deleting the "chaff" from my itunes library and suddenly i could only play one song at a time. After playing through, the song would stop and wouldn't continue on to another track. The solution is quite simple. At some point all of the check boxes became unchecked. I have no idea how.

To solve the problem, select any track in library view and then hit Ctrl+A to select all. Right click on the selection and choose "Check Selection". Hopefully this will sort the first problem.

Had no problem with songs reappearing. Fingers crossed I won't.