connect to multiple PCs

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

antiditz

Ok, so I may be the antiditz, but when it comes to Ipods, not so much. Here goes:

I know it's possible to hook your Ipod up to multiple PCs- i.e. one at home and one at work, like in my case. I've been told all you have to do is set it to "manual," but all that does for me so far is not erase the existing music when I connect the Ipod. What I can't figure out is how to "sync" it so the music on this PC gets sent to the Ipod.

Help?

BTW, if this is of any import, both PCs use WinXP; the Ipod is 3rd Generation 20GB.

toothpaste

welcome to the lounge.

manual sync means exactly that; manual. you have to drag and drop the music onto the ipod yourself hence the "manual sync"

What you need to do once it is set is drag-n-dropt the songs onto the iPod icon in iTunes source list. Here is the link if you have not read this info yet: (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61131). Just highlight the songs, left click & hold, drag the songs over to the iPod icon and drop them in.

Also, you must leave it on mauual or your music will be erased off of the iPod if you try and sync it.

antiditz

ok, i've done all that. all it seems to do is list the music in the "antiditz's ipod" section of itunes, but when disconnected, the new music is not on the ipod.

i'm obviously missing a step, but am perplexed.