Complain to Apple for a trade?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

thesexybeast

I'm one of the very dissapointed Apple customers who bought a 15GB at $399, and not even half a year from releasing that a new kind of ipod have been released at the same price but bigger hard drive.
I would very much like to go into an Apple store and give the manager a tirade, but unfortunately the nearest Apple store is 50 miles from my home. But some of you might just live next door to one, have anyone tried go in there with your "old 3rd gen" and try to trade to a new one?
I'm sure it's not entirely impossible because we did pay the same amount of money and we are a bunch of very unhappy customers.

Would like to hear news from you guys.
Thanks for stopping by this thread.

m.r.m.

you won't have any success. electronics constantly evolve. you may feel bad about it, but there is nothing you can do to make them let you trade your ipod for a bigger one for free.

mongoos150

Yep, that's how technology works (as if you didn't know). They won't replace your iPod because of bad timing on your part...

thesexybeast

but then you cant really say it's a technological advance, it's not like from gen 2 to gen 3, this is just a hard drive size change. AMD and Intel comes up with new CPUs frequently but at different prices, dont you guy feel robbed that they selling a 20gb as a 15gb?
one thing u guys are right is that we cant really do much. pity.

m.r.m.

i understand your frustration, but their pricing policy (fixed prices at 299, 399, 499) is not a valid reason for an exchange.

Nicholas

Karma Owner
Yeah, you decided to buy it before the upgrade. Live with it. You cant expect to get a free upgrade just because they released a new model.

dinojr

He didn't decide to buy it before the upgrade... he didn't know about it.
well, i got my 15GB for $300 20 days before the new ones came out and i still feel a bit cheated.

um... i think i'm greedy:D