• Please note that signatures and avatars on iLounge are only available after reaching certain membership thresholds.

Signatures

In order to be able to have a signature, users must have been a member for 7 days and have accumulated 10 posts.

Avatars are reserved for only the most senior of iLounge forum members. Users will not be able to use an avatar until they have been a member for a minimum of one year, and accumulated 1,500 posts. This is considered the Veteran Lounger level of membership.

A note on post whoring...

We welcome and encourage our members to make valuable and useful contributions to the iLounge forums, and to have fun, socialize, and actively participate in discussions on the forums. However, as per the Forum Policy, we will not tolerate excessive and unnecessary posting. Posting inane and pointless messages solely to increase one's post count in the hopes of reaching a higher membership level will be dealt with by the forum staff. Unnecessary posts may be subject to removal, and persisting in this behaviour will result in post counts being reduced and any further action being taken as deemed necessary.

• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Comment on classifields forum

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

preda_king

Ive been trying to find a 2nd gen ipod on ebay and the classifields forum on this site. Theres hardly any for sale.
Amazingly however there are lots of 3gen ipods floating about.

Funny thing that, isnt it.

BigIzz

It looks to me like most of them are brand new. What's your point?

preda_king

YESSSSS!!!

Im saying that maybe a few people, or maybe alot of people, depending if there from Europe or not, are trying to get rid of them. You know, because there such a poor product (over here at least, dont know what there like in the US?) compared to the previous ones.

Im so glad that I found a 20 gig 2nd gen pod on ebay from the US for $280. After I get it I can send my 30gig 3rd gen ipod back to Apple to get a refund. :D :)

dmt1

Dismember
Website
users.domaindlx.com
Preda, sorry to burst your bubble, but the same thing happend when the gen2's came out. Probably because a number of people got them as a gift, and didn't want them in the first place.

I'm happy you got your 20gigger, but the fact that you see gen3's on ebay in at the present relatively large numbers is in no way shape or form a good argument that people prefer 20's over the 30's...

Now PLEASE don't start another thread once you get your gen2 about how much better your gen 3 was.....

preda_king

hi

As a previous owner of a 2nd gen ipod and a 3rd gen ipod I can safely say with experience That the 2nd is better.. and thank u, I am very happy with my recent purchase.
BTW. r u from the US? coz, u know before I thougt u were all mad, because u couldnt hear the difference. No, I have come to the conclusion that u arent. And the reason Im hearing a difference is because of what Apple did to the European ipod.
The only people who know this of course are:
1: People who used to own the 1st and 2nd gen ipods in europe before the filmware with the volume cap and now own the 3rd gen ipods.
2: People who give a #### about their music and can tell when somthing sounds total crap - what that means is!!!... when the MP3,, regardless of how its encoded or what headphones u use, sounds differnent to the original mp3 when played back on the computer or any other kind of player for that matter!!!!
U know. as a further test I asked friends of mine to compare The old pod, new pod and original source of music. And they agreed with me completley that the 3rd gen is flat and dead in comparison, even with the line out.
Now, either were all suffering from some mass histeria, or, quiet possibly, the 3rd gen european ipod has inferior sound!!
God... im bored of saying the same thing sooo many times!!

dmt1

Dismember
Website
users.domaindlx.com
I've had a 3rd gen, and 2nd gen--yes, I'm from the U.S.

I can tell absolutely no difference in sound quality.

Overall, I prefer the gen3 by a hair, mainly because of the line out, which sound much better than the headphone jack when linking to an external source.

dmt1

Dismember
Website
users.domaindlx.com
Yes, I did. What exactly do you have a problem with? You gave your european perspective, I gave my perspective from my experience with U.S. ipods...

If someone doesn't agree with you, does that automatically entitle you to an insulting post?

Last edited: