Click wheel temporarly freezes.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

MrZebra77

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. Yesterday I decided to go take a nice big walk around the neighborhood with my new iPod. It was rather cold but still within the iPod's operating temp range (3'C, 0'C with Wind Chill) had a sweater and coat on.

The iPod was most of the time inside my coat pocket and worked well for the duration of the walk.

Then when I got back home, the click wheel started malfunctionning, I could still click buttons, but circuling the thumb around the wheel would barely make the cursor move if at all (1 line per 2 revolutions). After 10-15 minutes, it was back to normal.

Now the summer is almost here, so soon, that probably won't happen, but what about next winter? When it does that, is it just temporary and will get back to normal after or will I not be able to use my iPod during the winter?

Descendant X

VIVIsectVI
Yeah, that would be due to the cold. It may help if you get a case for the iPod, but it's probably nothing that you really have to worry about.

vanguard_98

Website
athec.blogspot.com
oddly, the same thing has happened to me. Once in cold weather.

Once again when I was on an airplane - I wonder if the lowered air pressure has anything to do with it ... didn't make much sense to me at the time...

MrZebra77

Ok, thanks, and there no long term consequences to it being a little cold? It would just freeze for a while and come back to normal?