Classy Italian case

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Skrat

Now that IS one classy looking case! I am going to order one of these right away! I don't like the cheap cheezy look of silicone cases so the Orbino is right up my alley. Classic italian styling, beautiful metal finish by the click wheel and the belt clip. Nice!

GMCloud27

Life is 3D
Website
corporate.gonuudle.com
Correction: 2 Weeks Apprx. Lead Time

I must say that I've already given their customer service two thumbs up (will be explaining why shortly hopefully); I'm really thinking this will be fitting into their own market for quality products at an excellent price.

forsmark

GMCloud27 said:
One more thing, to save me the hours of researching posts, etc., any personal preferences on screen protectors? MF or IS? Can I purchase at the Apple Store or online only? (Yes I know I can find this out easily but I'm rushing to type this) This'll be interesting trying one of these protectors out since I've had no experience with them (always Vaja cases....)

Thanks all for you help!

-GMCloud [/B]
IS and BSE is exactly the same thing, but IS is three times more expensive...
I bought a BSE since it gives full body protection (covers the sides).
http://www.bestskinsever.com
However, I might exchange the BSE front shield with a MF since it is clearer. Don't know yet.

Rocketbrothers

Yeah i see that you can custom order cases now from orbino so I just emailed them this link to see if they can duplicate the finish of the leather on this shoe. I think it would look so classy that real weathered kinda vintage look. And maybe also see if they can do kinda like a black chrome on the wheel. I think that would look hot. Here is a link of the shoes. so you have an idea of what im talking about. If they can do it I might just want to take my white 60gb back and get a black one for that case.

Attachments

duofold

For those that ordered their Orbino case, how long after placing the order was your case shipped? The day after as indicated by their shipping guidelines or was it longer (I know that the message for the black case states that delivery mid-Feb, but I'd like to know for those who ordered the other colors).

I've never ordered from Orbino before and would like to hear testimonials about adherence to their shipping/order guidelines.

GMCloud27

Life is 3D
Website
corporate.gonuudle.com
A rough estimate; right now, (will be decreased as efficiency grows due to an overestimated demand), it's about a two weeks turn-around. I'm waiting patiently and should have it soon. Will be doing a full review when I receive it (quite excited)

Skrat

I ordered my cognac-stained Orbino case last week and the order is still "pending" so I imagine they are experiencing a huge surge in orders after all the positive responses to this case. Since they are hand-made, I can imagine how hard they are working to fulfill all the placed orders. I'm a patient person so I can wait lol. Once I do get it, I'll take some pics and post a review here.

funkpod

Website
www.soul-kitchen.org
forsmark said:
IS and BSE is exactly the same thing, but IS is three times more expensive...
I bought a BSE since it gives full body protection (covers the sides).
http://www.bestskinsever.com
However, I might exchange the BSE front shield with a MF since it is clearer. Don't know yet.

I did the MF+BSE, forsmark, check it out.

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139854&highlight=marriage

it's a great combination and it shows off the ipod.

as far as the orbino, WOW.

i'll start off saying that i do NOT like leather cases at all! to put a sophisticated piece of electronics in animal hide is almost oxymoronic, imho. (no, i'm not at all a vegan, i love meat, and i much prefer plastic cases, i guess)

HOWEVER, them cases are slick! the metal on leather is a great combination, and VERY different from anything else on the market. plus, it's still slim and keeps the ipod slim.

if this case were cheaper, or if i had the money (and didn't need to buy diapers ;) ) i'd buy one an orbino!

ahmedh

Narcoleptic Lounger
Website
www.mrmojorising.co.nr
hey skrat, when you post your review can you put a link to it in this forum? i've stopped checking the forums regularly, but im still subscribed to this thread.

i just dont want to miss it!

forsmark

Hi Funkpod, I thing I got the MF idea from your post actually ;)
I'm not sure yet, maybe I'll buy a new BSE instead, it is no crisis since it is pretty good anyway.

About the Orbino I hope it will be shipped this week, but since I chose the more popular black model I might have to wait a little bit longer.

forsmark

Mine has switched as well! I think it is great that they take their time instead of trying to rush out low quality cases. When ordering something nice like this I rather wait an extra week for superior quality.
Guess they're stitching like crazy right now ;)

BTW I tested how protective my silicon case is by dropping it in the stairs (ok, I fell and my foot still hurts =( ) but my iPod is completly unharmed. Thank god the HD wasn't spinning.

Funkpod: I haven't decided if I should order a MF or another BSE, right now I'm pretty satisfied even if there is some lint. I'll probably wait a couple of months before I change the BSE I have now.

Last edited:

GMCloud27

Life is 3D
Website
corporate.gonuudle.com
While we all wait patiently :), I thought I'd mention that it seems Orbino is slowly bringing out their custom ordering plan to their customers.

Another bit of curiousity was this: Did anyone notice that the brown croc. emb.'s base color changed from light brown to dark? Does anyone else notice this or maybe it's just me. I'm just worried since I actually cared for the lighter brown (which I ordered) and hopefully that will be the one shipped.

~GMCloud

forsmark

I think it is a new picture of the case and that it is darker now (even though I think the darker one looks better). If you look at the black case it looks a little "brighter" than the picture of the same case on the introduction page.
My thought is that the picture on this page:
http://www.orbino.com/store/index.php?&osCsid=4562b891a3f042adc59a7b8f69983f77&cPath=77_87
are taken with a flash or in a light environment and therefore looks brighter than they really are.