Classy Italian case

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

forsmark

infinitedestiny said:
Here's the word from Orbino...shipping will be rolled out over the next two to three weeks. From what I understand, the free shipping offer will be ending at the end of January. I also heard that they can ship from Italy to within Europe upon special request. Hope that helps!
Oh, ordering from Europe, that would be a deal maker for me! :D
Too bad the delivering time is so long, but I guess it is better than the Vaja's which have 45 days delivery time right now (6 weeks!)

BTW: I'm starting to regret I started this thread. It has created too much buzz around Orbino and now they got problems delivering their cases due to the amount of orders they have received :eek: :)

Last edited:

infinitedestiny

I just found out that Orbino also does have cases for the 4G iPod and for the iPod mini....they just don't show them on their website. They sent me a photo of their iPod mini case and it is stunning.

ahmedh

Narcoleptic Lounger
Website
www.mrmojorising.co.nr
when any of you guys recieve your orbino cases, could you start a new thread w/ a mini review and pictures?

i've been really excited about this ever since iLounge featured it in their news sections.

as for those who think the metal ring will hamper click wheel use...
i have a leather case (w/ cut out for the wheel, obviously.) It's easier to use the wheel w/ the case, it keeps your fingers from straying to the edges...sort of like a stencil i guess. its comforting too...in a weird way.

1265GBP

ahmedh said:
when any of you guys recieve your orbino cases, could you start a new thread w/ a mini review and pictures?
Ditto......

Q16

On The Way

I ordered 5G and nano Orbino cases on 1/18 and they shipped on 1/26. Unfortunately, I selected the free ground shipping so they won't arrive until 2/3.

I'll post comments after I receive them.

forsmark

Ok, I've talked to Orbino and they said that there is no problem to send the case from Italy directly, so I can avoid customs. Super service!
Think I'll go with a black Cambio for my black pod. =)
Edit:grammar

GMCloud27

Life is 3D
Website
corporate.gonuudle.com
Please Please Please put some photos up (preferably High-Res :)) when you get the chance!! I'm currently a Vaja 5G Classic owner but have been debating whether or not to switch to Orbino

Thanks ever so much!!

GMCloud27

Life is 3D
Website
corporate.gonuudle.com
Ahh, thank you forsmark for that! Heh, they must have added the last two buttons not long ago (screen protector also) since I hadn't noticed it until now :)

If only now they made screen protectors with mineral crystal or sapphire :( then I'd be in heaven........... (Maybe there's some company out there that doesn't mind the extra costs)

Rocketbrothers

Yeah what do you guys think about the durasheild screen protector inserts I wonder how well that works with the click wheel? But i think its a pretty sweet idea. What do you guys think?

ahmedh

Narcoleptic Lounger
Website
www.mrmojorising.co.nr
ive got an IS, so irrelevant for me. since its removable i might as well order it just to look at :)

thing is, i think inserting that between the ipod and the leather will cause the ipod to scratch. when i put an index card between my naked ipod and my leather case to get it out, the index card scratched my ipod a little bit, but the cardwas just made of paper. a rigid sheet of plastic would do much more damage.

forsmark

Hmm, I don't know how that protective shields works, but I would try to insert the shield and the Ipod at the same time, so the pod doesn't slide against the shield. But since I have a BSE it is no problem.

I think just about anything could scratch an Ipod, but I think the Orbino case still is much better than other cases in this area. Many leather cases got stitches on the inside scratching the pod. (see knomocases for example or the big thread about Vaja classic). But I don't think Orbino have any which should be much better from a scratching perspective.

GMCloud27

Life is 3D
Website
corporate.gonuudle.com
That's EXACTLY why I'm leaving the Vaja world......... (Well, have almost decided to; gonna be hard to sell this one)

I think I'll order one tonight since they're got a terrific return policy if one doesn't care for their product. Looking forward to hearing everyone elses reviews when they come in!

iMonster

Roooooar!
haha that case looks like some rawhide type thing my dog would chew on

cool ^_^

forsmark

iMonster said:
haha that case looks like some rawhide type thing my dog would chew on

cool ^_^
Yeah, in this time of commercial conformity I wanted a case with a unique touch. I chose the black one, like the picture below. I think that the case is a little darker in reality.
Right now I'm using a silicone case :( :( while waiting for the Orbino case.
The only positive thing about silicone in my opinion is that it decreases the risk of theft :cool:

Attachments

ahmedh

Narcoleptic Lounger
Website
www.mrmojorising.co.nr
haha i have the exact same opinion of silicon cases.

you and me...peas in a pod...thats the exact case im (hopefully) gonna buy.

GMCloud27

Life is 3D
Website
corporate.gonuudle.com
Nice choice forsmark!

Well I too took the plunge into Orbino :) Ordererd mine now and hopefully should have it in a few days (My iPod is being replaced so 3 days isn't going to kill me waiting for a case) and I'll have to figure out which one to keep: Vaja or Orbino....

I'll try my best to get a full review out there for you guys if nobody else beats me to it :)

One more thing, to save me the hours of researching posts, etc., any personal preferences on screen protectors? MF or IS? Can I purchase at the Apple Store or online only? (Yes I know I can find this out easily but I'm rushing to type this) This'll be interesting trying one of these protectors out since I've had no experience with them (always Vaja cases....)

Thanks all for you help!

-GMCloud

iMonster

Roooooar!
forsmark said:
Yeah, in this time of commercial conformity I wanted a case with a unique touch. I chose the black one, like the picture below. I think that the case is a little darker in reality.
Right now I'm using a silicone case :( :( while waiting for the Orbino case.
The only positive thing about silicone in my opinion is that it decreases the risk of theft :cool:
I loved that one, but I was too lazy to link it ^_^ the first pictured one looks like a dry horror movie leather face raw hide doggy chew toy! which is cool I'd probably buy it if I had the cash and put blood on it :p silly hororr-movie-freak-me!