Classy Italian case

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

forsmark

I found a really nice and classy Italian made leather case (which is then shipped to the states...). Orbino is the name:
http://www.orbino.com/store/

Looks really nice. A little bit annoying though that they doesn't sell in Europe since it is made there :(
If you want you can order it without the screen protector so you can use your own shield instead. More manufacturers should give you this option.

Maybe it is because I'm European, but I find the Orbino case a lot sexier than the Vaja. :D

Attachments

forsmark

Yeah, I know they ship from the US to Europe, but since it is made in Italy I wished they could ship directly from there to European countries.
If I order it I might have to pay an additional 30% in taxes + around $12 in tariffs... Kind of stupid...

Last edited:

Rocketbrothers

I think they are amazing absolutely the best looking ipod case that i have found, really different looking also. Yeah i have been having a hard time finding a case and i was looking at the vaja ones with the flip top cover but i hate there belt clip options. This onei think well work out really nice. I can't wait to order one. But yeah i really like how they indicate that if you order it with screen protector that it is replaceable if it should wear over time i think that is really cool. But yeah the one pictured abover is the exact one that im ordering for my white 60gb. I hope the metal ring doens't make the click wheel difficult to use. Cheers

Doc Evils

I Know You Love Me
Kinda reminds me of the final boss in Resident Evil 2 in the train, but I guess everybody has different taste.

dalt_dalt

I think it's very attractive. Classy but also rugged or raw looking.

A couple of the colors are attractive in a Frankenstein's Monster way. Those are the ones I like the best.

But I've seen a couple pictures where the case's fit looked off.

Last edited:

laughinggravy

Actually I think it would be great but for the stitching up the front which presses the Frankenstein's monster button for me frankly. I'm really not crazy about the heavy, visible stitching. It says 'craft class' to me, but then the leather is obviously great and the metal ring around the wheel is kind of cool, so it's a wierd mix for me. I'll take Vaja any time. But each to their own

forsmark

My iPod 60gb black just arrived :D :D .
For now I'll put a BSE on, but I'll buy an Orbino case as soon as possible.
Ayn and Rocketbrothers, please post your thoughts about the case when you get it!
Can't wait to buy one of my own.:p :cool:

Last edited:

ayn

Website
blog.andrewng.com
Mine has been delayed:

Hi Andrew. Just a note to let you know that due to overwhelming response to our new iPod line, we are experiencing delays in shipments. We will be in touch later in the day to give you a more detailed estimate of when your iPod Video Case will ship. We are really sorry for this unexpected delay but will do our best to get the case to you as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

superJess

Website
www.tangledupsidedown.com
I really like this case. Does anyone know if it's easy to get the iPod in and out? I'd like to have a case that I could take it out of and use it in accessories (namely JBL OnStage) when I want.

forsmark

superJess said:
I really like this case. Does anyone know if it's easy to get the iPod in and out? I'd like to have a case that I could take it out of and use it in accessories (namely JBL OnStage) when I want.
I don't know, but I think there won't be any problems. An invisible shield or MF can sometimes make it hard to take out Ipods from cases, so if you have one you can ask them to exclude the screen protector from the case (unlike Vaja). For more information see the FAQ.

forsmark

Too bad Ayn :(
Probably my fault for starting this thread (800 visitors so far)...

Back to being serious, I think I will order as fast as I get some information on when they start shipping again. And still I'm a little bit worried about taxes... this is what you get for living in a "welfare" state. :(

I don't understand how people can rate Vajo over this case, it looks so much better and have a unique touch to it. If I would like the Vajo I would buy a cheap knockoff (iPodkitz, Case-Ari etc.). But after buying something as beautiful as an iPod, I don't want to buy a case that makes my player look like it is a product from Creative.

Haven't decided on which colour to buy though, guess brown is what I rate highest right now.

Last edited:

infinitedestiny

Here's the word from Orbino...shipping will be rolled out over the next two to three weeks. From what I understand, the free shipping offer will be ending at the end of January. I also heard that they can ship from Italy to within Europe upon special request. Hope that helps!

ayn

Website
blog.andrewng.com
I can't say much about the Orbino case until I get it, from the website they look good and the craftsmanship looks top notch. But I'll know when I get the real thing...

I have a Vaja case for my phone and I can say that Vaja makes very high quality products. I'm getting the Orbino coz I just want something different... It's also much cheaper than the Vaja (free vs $20 shipping), and I thought they had them in stock, vs Vaja it takes something like 3 weeks to ship if you customize. (but as we have learned they too take 2-3 weeks to ship!)... hehe...