circuit city warning

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

darkdreams

I just wanted to let everyone know not to buy an Ipod from circuit city, get it from Apple.
Main reason is that when I bought my ipod in Jan I purchased for $115 extra the two year extended warranty that covers accidental damage.

Well my ipod is crapping out on me so I take it in and I found out that effective 7-6-06 they made an aggreement with Apple to replace defective ipods under the warrenty with refurbished ones. Before that you got a gift card that you used for replace the old ipod with.

Fine...no problem but actually there is. You cant purchase a warrenty on this replacement Ipod I was like WTF.
My ipod is basically new so they are replacing it with a USED ipod which is only warrentied for 90 days. so if something goes wrong what ? I am screwed. Nice that they can change the terms of my contract without contacting me, notifiying me in any way.

Just to let you all know be careful and read all the small print and dont take the sales person word for it. ask for it in writing.