Circuit City & Best Buy 8 Gig $264 16 Gig $359

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Dougfnj

Ipod, do you?
Hey guys,

If you purchased your Touch within the past 30 days at most stores you can bring your receipt and receive a pricematch refund for the difference you paid, print out Circuit City or Best Buy's prices.

If you are currently looking to purchase a Touch, this is the perfect time as they both have the Ipod Touch with the Applications for $20 off or you can purchase without the applications and upgrade yourself. These sales are very hit and miss. Either way, it's a good time to get a great deal. At least I feel redeemed by Best Buy that I purchased my Touch from, that I got my $20 back for the Apps and an extra $22 back on top.

mini.boss

Same price at the warehouse places too (Costco/Sams) if people are interested.

Those prices really expose how much Apple overcharges for the Nano because for only $64 more you get an incredible amount of functionality. But despite the hefty pricetag the Nano clearly is the better overall music player because it actually has buttons.

Anyway, that's where I am now because I have both the Nano and Touch and one of them needs to go back. I just can't decide which one because most of the time the Nano is perfect, but when that inevitable day comes and I need the internet while on the go then I'll be kicking myself for not getting the Touch for just a few bucks more... Apple sure is good at making people want more than they offer.

Prozak

I went to best buys webpage and they have the ipod touch for 360, but circuit city has it for 378, did I miss something? Also, I went to Costco and they had the 8gig for 299 and they were out of 16gigs. I know circuit city price matches, is that why you say its 360 at circuit city? I don't know if Costco price matches though.

Dougfnj

Ipod, do you?
I should had been a little more clear regarding models, sorry....on Circuit Citys website you have to scroll all the way down, the cheaper models are down at the bottom, Best Buy lines all 4 up in a row. The Model numbers ending in A have 1.1.2 installed without the upgrade and applications, The Model numbers ending in B have 1.1.3 installed with the applications included. It looks like as of right now Best buy only discounted the models without the upgraded apps, and they are $2.00 higher than Circuit City.

MA623LLA without apps 8 Gig- $263.99 You have to pay the $20 to upgrade to the new apps
MA627LLA without apps 16 Gig- $358.99 You have to pay the $20 to upgrade to the new apps

MA623LLB With Apps no need to upgrade -$282.99

MA627LLB With Apps no need to upgrade -$377.99

As far as if the Warehouses pricematch? I don't know, couldnt hurt to call and speak to a manager to find out. Any electronics store that carries them should match Circuit City's prices though. I definitely encourage you to act quickly on these though, they are obviously priced to make the models without the upgrades disappear from shelves ASAP.

Good Luck.

George1984

Best deal yet, just ordered a 8GB from Amazon. Free shipping. Can't wait to get it ;) .

MA623LL/A without apps 8GB - $258.99
MA627LL/A without apps 16GB - $358.99

Ones with upgrade and apps are on pre order only.

Dougfnj

Ipod, do you?
At least it looks like the retailers saw opportunity in selling the models without the update at a much lower price.

Dougfnj

Ipod, do you?
Just a heads up before Saturday, this deal is still going, so take adavantage while you can.

daihard

mini.boss said:
Ah, that's great to know. I picked up my 16GB touch for $379 at Costco a little over a week ago. I should be able to get some money back if I bring in my receipt, right?

Dougfnj

Ipod, do you?
As long as they have a price match policy, I don't see why not.

The great thing about these deals is you don't feel so screwed having had to pay $20 for the apps. :)

Wilder_K_Wight

Old-School Lounger
This was an Apple thing. They lowered the price on the older models, and you're paying for the new lower price plus the software package on the newer models.

daihard

Wilder_K_Wight said:
This was an Apple thing. They lowered the price on the older models, and you're paying for the new lower price plus the software package on the newer models.
Are you saying Apple has lowered the prices twice? They already lowered the prices of the older models by $20 when the software upgrade was released last month, making the 8GB model $279 and the 16GB model $379. Given that the new models are still sold for $299/$399, I don't see how Apple would justify lowering the prices of the older models again unless they're having a hard time clearing the old inventory.

Dougfnj

Ipod, do you?
Best Buy and Circuit City has been selling these at $20 discounts on and off since before Christmas. So it looks like they are keeping the discounted price at the same for the newer one (which continue to go on and off) and deeper disounts on the older models to get rid of old stock.

My point for the original post was not just for people buying their first Touch models, but for if you purchased within that 30 day mark like I did, you can replenish some of your money back at the new updated prices

Touchmyipod

Livin' & Lovin' in SoCal
Website
www.epk.tv
All this trouble, to just not pay the $20 for the apps...interesting..and wow. I got mine day one, no problems and had no problem paying...I don't understand all of this hoopla

Dougfnj

Ipod, do you?
All this trouble?

I printed out the ad, went to Best Buy which was on my way home from work and showed them the ad. They gave me back $42.82 cash for the discounts and tax differences.

Wow, that was hard work, 5 minutes and I got my money back for the apps plus an extra $20. I don't know how I was able to handle all that trouble.

Touchmyipod

Livin' & Lovin' in SoCal
Website
www.epk.tv
^^ Dougfnj : Not talking about new adopters (those who got them holiday season as I assume you did), i'm talking about those who purchased pre thanksgiving like me and many others.....click

Dougfnj

Ipod, do you?
Sorry about the sarcasm Touch, long day on a Monday, and a bad mood. Also sorry about the pre-holiday early adapter shaft by Apple, I've griped about it in various locations, either way, sorry if I added any insult to injury, that wasn't my intention as I'm sure you realized.

daihard

mini.boss said:
I went to Costco today to check the prices. Unfortunately, the price for the 16GB iPod touch was the same as when I bought mine two weeks ago, at $369.97.

Marfoon

daihard said:
I went to Costco today to check the prices. Unfortunately, the price for the 16GB iPod touch was the same as when I bought mine two weeks ago, at $369.97.
I went to Kirkland Costco today and the prices were $289 & $389. I figured the reason was because of the new apps, but asked an employee anyway. He said, "It's because they put $20 worth of software on it to make it more like the iPhone." I'm thinking it's to protect themselves from people who are still within their 3 month warranty period from returning them and repurchasing the updated Touch.

daihard

Marfoon said:
I went to Kirkland Costco today and the prices were $289 & $389. I figured the reason was because of the new apps, but asked an employee anyway. He said, "It's because they put $20 worth of software on it to make it more like the iPhone." I'm thinking it's to protect themselves from people who are still within their 3 month warranty period from returning them and repurchasing the updated Touch.
The price I quoted above is for the old models. Naturally, like you guessed, the new ones (with new apps installed) should be $20 higher. :)