Charging with usb 2.0 cable?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

JaredM

I just bought the 4g 20gb ipod. I have been using the firewire cable to tranfer songs. It is kind of a pain to take the cable out of computer to charge ipod. Can i charge the ipod with the usb 2.0 cable? And does it change the charge time? or is it better to use firewire?

kornchild2002

If you have USB 2.0 and are using Windows then use USB 2.0 to sync to your iPod and you can use the firewire cable and AC adapter to charge your iPod without the computer. USB 2.0 is a little faster than firewire and the chare times are the same.

JaredM

Oh, really? I thought firewire was faster. But i dont think i have usb 2.0 on computer. So then it would be like usb 1 or whatever i have on my computer right? After i get all my cds transfered i will probably take cable out of computer.

kornchild2002

Firewire transfer speed: A solid 400 mbps
USB 2.0 transfer speed: A fluctuating speed with bursts of 480 mbps

It depends on who makes your card and everything. My USB 2.0 ports are built into my motherboard so I am constantly getting a 480 mbps transfer speed. If your computer was built on or before 2002 then it most likely has USB 2.0 ports.

JaredM

Okay then its possible i have usb 2.0. After i rip and transfer i will copy to cd to save hd space. Even though we have a ton of space left. Oh well. Plus I don't download at all.