Charging iPod Classic 160GB - can I use any USB wall plug?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Max Dread

Hi all

I have a Sony Experia phone and it came with a wall plug (with USB port) for charging. I also use it to charge my iPod Classic. I've always done it without a thought, until reading something today which made me wonder if I'm doing the right thing? Do I need to check the specs of the wall plug?

On a more general note, what are the do's and don't's when it comes to charging an iPod Classic from the mains electricity?

Cheers

Max

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
USB voltage is always going to be the same, as long as the USB source is compliant to standards.

However, the current capacity is what limits use of certain USB sources, e.g. you can't charge an iPad from most computer's USB ports or an iPhone charger. But an iPod Classic doesn't require much current draw, so any USB adapter ought to work just fine -- thought there are cheap no-name ones out there that I wouldn't trust. Your Sony adapter should be just fine though.

Do's and Don'ts? Don't worry about always topping off the battery, but don't make a habit of running the battery to zero. Do let the battery run down to a low state every few months and then give it a full charge, that helps calibrate the battery meter.