Chapter names showing as part

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Ojustaboo

Hi all

Been the proud owner of a Ipod Touch for 24hrs now :)

Have been converting some audio books to store on it. Have followed various threads and for the most part, have had no problems.

Where I do have a problem though is with converting the bible.

Converting it to m4b is easy (thanks to the various threads) where I run into a problem is,

At best what I would like to have is as follows:

be able to click on audiobooks, then select bible, then have the 66 books selectable. Selecting a book and it showing the various chapters

eg:

Audiobooks/bible/Genesis
audiobooks/bible/Exodus

etc

At worst, I would like to have the individual chapters shown by name.
On my PC I have

Genesis 01.m4b
Genesis 02.m4b
Genesis 50.m4b
Exodus 01.m4b
Exodus 02.m4b
Exodus 40.mdb
etc

It shows up correctly like this in Itunes.

But what I end up with on my Ipod is as follows:

Audiobooks/bible

Then I have 1189 files (all the chapters for all 66 books) all called the same. If for example I scroll down the first 51 files which takes me to Exodus ch01, I have the following shown

Part 1 of 1189
Part 2 of 1189
Part 50 of 1189
Part 1 of 1189

So all I have is a huge long list of `Part x` that resets it's self to 1 for each of the 66 books, making it impossible to pick out what is what.

Hope that's clear.

In Itunes, if I go to my Ipod and audio books it correctly shows the book name as per my example from my PC earlier.

The more I play the more I'm getting confused.

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks

jloden

Website
www.lodensoftware.com
I'll preface my answer with the fact that I don't own an iPhone or Touch, but I do have some second hand experience in working with some of my users.

My understanding...

All of your individual files are being grouped by the Album tag information... which I assume is "Bible"

So the Touch groups all 66 books times the number of chapters per book under Bible (1189 files).

The "part x of y" is determined by the track tag information. So if the 50 chapters in Genesis have track 1 through track 50, they will be shown as part 1 through part 50. Since the Exodus chapters probably start with track 1 at chapter 1 all over again, then the sequence starts again.

If the individual file has chapter markers embedded in the file then when you select the file they will be listed a the chapter list display.

There are only three levels of heirarchy...
The audiobook list (e.g. Bible or whatever is in the "album" metadata tag)
The parts list (e.g. part 1 of 1189... the part number is determined by the track metadata tag)
The chapter list (this requires you use software to embedded a chapter track in the file).

You have fairly good control on what is displayed in the audiobook and chapter lists, but the parts list is just part x of y.

So I'm not aware of anyway to get all three levels -- Bible/Book/Chapter

What you can do is to create a single file for each book of the bible and add chapter markers using my free software (Chapter and Verse available from http://lodensoftware.com)

With this scenario you can get it to 66 files each with the appropriate chapters in them. This is what I have done. The audio will be too long to combine the bible into one file, but you may be able to squeeze them with reduced quality to two audiobooks (old/new testament). Your chapters would then have to be named "Genesis - Chapter 1" etc.

Hope this helps.

Ojustaboo

Many thanks.

Since my above post I already took a look using Mp3tag and what you say is 100% correct.

It would be pretty easy for me to change the track numbers to go from 1 to 1189, but that would still be useless and impractical.

So I will have a play with your software and see how I do

Will let you know how I get on

Thanks again

Ojustaboo

Many many thanks

I used both your program and Mp3tag and have now got a very satisfactory result.

I used Mp3tag and changed the headings as follows. Most importantly I changed each `Album` to `NIV booknumber Bookname`
eg:

Title...........Artist.............Album Artist......Album
Genesis......NIV Bible.......NIV Bible..........NIV 01 Genesis
Exodus.......NIV Bible.......NIV Bible..........NIV 02 Exodus
1 Samuel....NIV Bible.......NIV Bible..........NIV 09 1-Samuel
2 Samuel....NIV Bible.......NIV Bible..........NIV 10 2-Samuel
Jude...........NIV Bible.......NIV Bible..........NIV 65 Jude
Revelation...NIV Bible.......NIV Bible..........NIV 66 Revelation

Then used your program to build each of the 66 books (might have been able to do it all from your program but as I had Mp3tag and am used to it, I used that instead)

I now have under Audiobooks on my Ipod Touch, all 66 books neatly in order one after the other, I select a book and can then select any chapter I want.

Very happy.

Many thanks.

rmciii

iPod Touch Chapter names "Part x of y"

I have a Bible audiobook that I created using Audiobook Builder and the chapter names show as Genesis, Exodus, etc. on my iPod nano but as "Part 1 of 66", etc. on my iPod Touch. What metadata field does the iPod Touch use differently that the nano?