Change PodCast to normal track

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

davebach172

Hi!

I've moved my favourite old podcasts to a new folder in windows explorer, deleted the now non-working casts in iTunes, and re-added them to itunes via the Add Folder To Library route. They now appear as a seperate podcast foldable section with the same title as the live podcasts.

Is there a way of telling iTunes that theyre no longer podcasts and should just appear in the normal iTunes library? or failing that, just have them appear in the original list?

(The files are .mp3, and I've tried changing the id3 tags via iTunes)

Reason for these shenanigans? running out of space on the main music drive, and didnt want to delete some good casts while deleteing the rubbish ones.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Website
www.ilounge.com
Unfortunately, there's not really any way in iTunes itself to set the "Podcast" flag on a track, but I believe there's an Applescript (for Mac users) that can do this for you.... Not sure about the options for Windows users off-hand.

Note that Podcasts can still be organized into a smart playlist and synced/managed like any other audio content, regardless of whether they are flagged as podcasts or not. You can also exempt specific podcast episodes from auto-deletion by right-clicking on them and choosing "Do Not Auto Delete" from the popup menu, so this may be a reasonable solution depending upon what you're specifically looking to accomplish. Of course, the podcasts themselves will still be in the "Podcasts" section cluttering it up, but at least they won't be automatically removed.

snowdog99

I've found that using the "Convert to" option on the right click menu creates a copy that will not appear in the podcast section.

davebach172

thanks for the tip snowdog - i'm being fussy and dont want to convert the tracks.

the id3 downgrading tip worked a treat - i now have all my favourite podcasts preserved for posterity - yay!