Change Dock icon name to song playing

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

pamix

I have an AppleScript that will change the iTune's Dock icon to whatever album art the song playing is from, I think this is really neat and would like to go the next step and change the filename to represent the Track playing. Of course once the song/movie is paused or stops the icon reverts back to the original, the same I would expect for the filename.

Can this be done, if so, then how pre tell?

I have been all over DougScripts and not found anything.

S2_Mac

Can't really make any concrete suggestions without seeing the code, but you'll p'bly want to focus on changing the 'file-label' property of the iTunes' Dock item (rather than messing with the actual iTunes file data). Of course, if your script has been "finding" the 'iTunes' file-label string to locate the iTunes Dock item, that will p'bly have to be changed to look for something else, like _CFURLString, since you'll never again be able to count on 'file-label' being the same from call to call ;-)

pamix

I think now I find that it wasn't a script and it was probably an app from Greg Weston called DockArt

So I have no code.

pamix

I should send a donation I know, but I'm broke. Well he did reply and told me:

"Thanks for getting in touch. I've looked into this in the past. Unfortunately, applications don't really have control at runtime over the text that's displayed there. It's all handled by the Dock application itself, based on static property lists in the application."

Hmm, seems to be a stumbling block. But I should think it could be overcome.