CDDB Safari - count limit?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

thenightfly42

I'm trying to use the CDDB Safari applescript, which I have used successfully in the past. This time, however, it is failing for me. The CD in question has 28 tracks. The playlist I find on CDDB has 28 tracks. The script tells me that the number of songs is incorrect, and fails at that time. is there a limit on how many songs this script can handle?

(Off-topic: Reel Big Fish rules! Thanks for using them as your script example.)

thenightfly42

Well, it's a recording of Carmina Burana, and whoever tagged the default version that iTunes used to tag it was a moron.

I think all the track names are in Latin, although some may be German. No special characters. Some of the (97!) versions have 28 tracks, others have 25. I'm sure I was viewing a 28-track version (for exampl, the second option), and I tried several different pages.

I've only used this script a few times, but I haven't had a problem in the past.

[How about that new drummer on Cheer Up? I didn't really notice the drums on earlier recordings, but the new guy has more of a punk feel, stays away from the snare. I like it a lot.]

Website
dougscripts.com
I see what you mean. I checked the CDDB search link you posted and there does seem to be plenty of inconsistency. The only thing I can imagine is that perhaps there is a 25 vs 28 tracks discrepancy. I will investigate further.

[New drummer seems to understand "orchestral" drumming better-I also think the arrangements are far better on Cheer Up! than earlier. I like all their stuff very much though.]

thenightfly42

Just to let you know, the re-revised version of CDDB Safari fixed the problem. Don't know how, don't know why, but it's all good.