CDDB iTunes Incorrect

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Riceboi

Homeless Member
As some have stated on here....there can be some mistakes for the CDDB database when you attempt to burn your CD....for instance i am in the progress of burning a 4 volume cd pack and although the album is recognized....the volumes are completely wrong....For instance:

When i insert a Volume 1 CD, CDDB recognizes it...however the Artist, Track, ETC (Basicallly the TAG given) is from Volume 4 disk. Is there anyway i can change this without going through one-by-one and retyping the artist and song?

Last edited:

Sam Williams

I don't know of a really good solution, unfortunately. Just for this compilation, you could rip with a program that uses another source of CD information (e.g. freedb).

If you do end up altering the information in iTunes, you could submit it back to CDDB - at least others in future won't have to suffer the same problem!

SkippyMcHaggis

i know what ya mean Riveboi...i've ripped 223 CD's (almost done) in the last week, and while most of them are correct there have been some noticably horrible errors...

like the Beatie Boy's "Paul's Boutique" missing an entire song on 3 of the returned lists, and the random French language return...

or try ripping Yo-Yo Ma's "Inspired by Bach" 2 disc set...inconsistent naming in both returns, as well as artist and composer information in the wrong fields...