Cd scratch removal

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Hect0r

I was wondering what is the best way to remove scratches from CDS or what device is best for removing them. I have seen various removers and they differ in price quite a bit. How about those treated wipes you see on ebay. I cant imagine a thin liquid with no abraisive qualities could do it, but I dont know. Thanks

Becky

aquatika

Toothpaste,

Take a small amount and apply it radially (from the center out to the edge), don't use circular motions. Let it dry and then try the CD, the toothpaste fills the scratches and it should then play or at least enable you to copy it onto a blank CD-R.

It's a lot cheaper than buying one of those Disk Doctor things.

chrisboiii

Toothpaste sounds like a good idea.

I have the Disk Dr. and it works great. If you have a scratched CD, it buffs a lot of the scratches out and seems to be a new coat over the disc. Discs that I thought I might have to throw away because they did not play are now playable.

pseudocide

illest villian
so the toothpaste can fix skips on cd's? just looking for clarification, i left my copy of how the west was won out for to long and there are some skips that i would love to fix and re-rip

Macaholic G5

Apple Picker
Website
homepage.mac.com
Toothpaste! That would be counter productive! Toothpaste actually has fine grit in it! Akin to something like Lava soap. The grit helps to remove extrinsic stains on the enamel of teeth. Imagine what a wonderful job it would do on your CDs! I'd stick with the Disc Dr.

Virtual Halibut

I read this last night and thought i'd try it on the beatles 1 cd that was scratched up and get back wouldnt play without skipping. I tried it this morning and get back plays fine with 1
skip in it, where before it skipped every part of the track.

So it does work.