Cassete adapter only plays in right speaker how to fix?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

TheShadowXX

Hi I have a 04' VW Passat with the monsoon sounds system, and I have the MONSTER cassette adapter, and recently i've noticed that it has started to only play sound in the right speaker of my car, is there anyway to fix this? (besides getting a new one)
maybe by opening up the cassete and jiggling the wires or something?

any help is greatly appreciated :D

anypats

Usually this is because the wire has been stripped or cut. Opening it and jiggling wires won't do anything.

Also, make sure that your balance is set properly.

TheShadowXX

so what are some solutions to fixing this?

(besides just buying an new cassette adapter)

anypats

I believe the solution is to buy a new one.

Sometimes things just break or go bad and purchasing a new one is the only solution. Don't spend a bunch of time trying to figure out how to fix an item that will cost less than $20 to replace.

partyd

Website
www.partydown.com
Did you know that there is a plug on the back side of the radio for the external cd changer,
you can unplug that or if is free you can use that port to input audio from the ipod, you will press the CD button twice on the radio and the ipod will play

volkswagen aux audio input

Twiss92

I have the Monster cassette adapter. There was a sticker on the metal head thingy (whatever it's called). I took it off, wiped all the stickiness off, and the problem was solved. Full sound through both speakers. Just make sure you turn the volume down on your phone so it doesn't sound distorted