Cases for iPod photo

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iamaustin

Website
www.austina.net
So, how are all of us iPod photo owners going to protect our investments? So far I haven't seen too many cases which will fit the iPod photo. Have any of you?

bigman606

iPod Geek
Website
homepage.mac.com
Well some cases that fit are:

iSkin EVO2 size B first the 40GB & 60GB
Waterfield iPod case
Vaja Cases has custom cases for the iPod photo available for order

Any others?

Website
www.ilounge.com
Well, for the time being when I actually use a case, I'm simply using the one my iPod Photo came with (the belt clip one). It's not ideal, but so far I haven't been using my iPod for anything too strenuous...

In fact, most of the time I don't even use a case (my wife uses it for her 4G 20Gb more than I use it for mine), since my iPod usually sits in a separate pocket in my eVest, or docked in my car.

I do plan on buying a case at some point, but I haven't had much need for one just yet...

Gracie1353

I ordered a lajo case from their website made for the ipod photo. I believe it was the exo3.

Justin Horne

I have a Vaja IVOLUTION on order. White front, red back...:) Expensive, yes, but my 40 GB photo iPod is worth it...

aguilbeau

Hello u 2! my 60GB photo is due to arrive at myhouse on friday. I am so stoked! I've been shopping around to find a good case for it. Does anyone know if those cases that are offered for the 4thGen ipod 40GB will fit the new 60GB ipod? specifically the iskin evo2? I've e-mailed them and they havn't replied.

So, what do you guys think about it so far? I am wondering if we can load our own album art into the ipod or does it have to come from itunes?

What about ephpod? Can that be used with the photo features? If not, I'd be nice if they created another version of ephpod for this! I'm a huge fan of ephpod for my last one (3rd gen 40GB)

Well, i'm glad we've kicked off the iPod Photo thread! I expect lots of good things!

Take care all!!

soman

The iPod 40 is slimmer than the ipod photo, I bought eXo3 ice for my iPod photo

rilhouse

Contour Showcase 4G will fit, you just have to shave a few mm off the rubber spacers inside. Someone posted a thread about this

Parrothead Phan

Go Terps!
I've bought both the Marware Sportsuit Convertible and the Waterfield iPod case....I wasn't "wowed" by either one of them - they both have their own specific pros/cons, but the thing that they both suffer from is that it takes too much effort (maybe a little less so w/the Waterfield case) to get the cases on & off...therefore, I just bought and am waiting to receive the Radtech Podsleevz case...I like that fact that it's super thin and covers both the screen and click wheel...I hope I like this one! If not, I'm gonna wait for the Speck iPod Skin, which will have a screen protector & be offered specifically for the iPod photo in about a month, according to an email I received from Speck Products.

Parrothead Phan

Go Terps!
[zerophase] said:
Why don't u just use the case that comes with it? i use that for my 20gb ipod..
um, because I don't like it?!?! Not to mention, I want a case where I can see the screen without taking it out of the case. One of the features that attracted me to the Podsleevz case is that even though the case covers the Click Wheel, you can still utilize it without taking it out of the case...Haven't come across another case that does this (Click wheel & screen protection at the same time while still being able to use the Click Wheel)...

jonwallace

Justin Horne said:
I have a Vaja IVOLUTION on order. White front, red back...:) Expensive, yes, but my 40 GB photo iPod is worth it...
Great! Mine came yesterday (a week or two early, too). Great worksmanship. White front, blue back. Like it so much I might order another in a different color combination sometime (just for fun).!

Justin Horne

jonwallace said:
Great! Mine came yesterday (a week or two early, too). Great worksmanship. White front, blue back. Like it so much I might order another in a different color combination sometime (just for fun).!
Nice! the white/blue was actually my second choice..:) It looks really good, but I don't normally like blue too much, and thought I might grow tired of it... So it came early huh? wow, good news, I can't wait! But then again, I can't use my iPod till christmas anyway...:D Regardless, I am not gonna use it till I have the case.. I've heard bad stories of it being scratched just by barely using it...

jonwallace

Justin Horne said:
Nice! the white/blue was actually my second choice..:) It looks really good, but I don't normally like blue too much, and thought I might grow tired of it... So it came early huh? wow, good news, I can't wait! But then again, I can't use my iPod till christmas anyway...:D Regardless, I am not gonna use it till I have the case.. I've heard bad stories of it being scratched just by barely using it...
First the bad news- what you heard regarding scratches seems to be correct. I think it scratches just by looking at it (just kidding). The bright backlight tends to highlight screen scratches, especially photos with a darker background. The good news is that I purchased a polishing kit that worked great on my minor scratches. See Ice Creme at www.radtech.us This polishing kit with cream took out minor scratches really easily, and then I put it in it's case.

DXCalibur9

Im about to upgrade to a Photo....for my 3G i've had an Incase leather protector, and i like it a lot, except the screen cover that is attached to it get scratched up fairly easily. I'm pretty set on getting the Podsleevz, since they look pretty cool and they cover everything. Then, if that will still slide into my Incase case, i was thinking of buying a new one of those (for the 4G/photo design) and cuz out the screen and use both simultaneously.....seems a bit excessive, but if I'm going to go big and get the 60GB, it'll be nice to have the unit itself fully protected from any harm, and a double layer of protection should it fall.

So, for any of you who are big into protecting your ipod, i suggest looking into the Incase models for outer protection. They havent released a Photo line and i guess im not positive, but they sides of the cases are kinda elastic so I almost positive that the 4G case would still slip over a photo iPod with a case such as Podsleevs or iSkin around it.

Someone above said that size B of the iSkin for the 4G's would fit the photos....is this true? will it fit just the 40GB photo, or both the 40 and the 60?

PHiX

Search for the specs of the 4G and Photo and compare it's dimensions, if it's exactly the same size I'm sure they fit, since it's got the click wheel.

I recently got a blue iSkin for my 20Gb 4G and it's perfect.

ipaqman

contour design case

hey everyone,

i am looking to purchase the new contour design case for my new ipod photo. are they any good? also, do they scratch easily? also, does anyone know if they sell these cases at any retail store or do you have to purchase them online.

one last question... they come in white or black... which color should i get?

thanks for your help,
ipaqman

dwchin

These cases are quite popular, so I imagine they're very good. I don't own one myself, but I was thinking about purchasing it. You should do a search for the Showcase on the forums to find out info on whether or not it scratches easily. I know that's been discussed countless times.

As for white or black... I guess it's really up to you. Some say the white is a lot easier to get dirty (around the white part, that is). If you want something that doesn't pick up dirt smudges quite so much, you probably should go for black.