case philosophy - is it just me?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

miniMAMF

Going to be picking up a new 5.5G 30GB ASAP, and I would like to get a case very shortly thereafter, if not the same day.

Is it just me, or does it occur to anyone else that the iPod is a great thing of beauty in itself, and to change its appearance ditracts from that?

With that in mind, I'd think only 2 options would work for me:

1. An invisible protection film
2. A full covering (leather) wallet

All these funny half-leather or canvas or neoprene cases that cover half the iPod , leaving the clickwheel and screen open or clear-covered look stupid, IMHO. They detract from the iPod's simplicity by changing it. A full wallet would cover the whole thing, but at least when you open it up it would reveal the iPod in "all its glory :rolleyes: ".

With all the reviews I'm reading about the films and the neoprene/silicon and the problems with dust, bubbles, and funny colorations, I'm realling leaning toward a full wallet solution. Of course, with a wallet solution, is it still advisable to get a screen protector?

I'm not crazy about carrying it on my belt, and most months around here require a jacket anyway, so jacket pocket is best, but in summer, pants or shorts pocket will have to do - belt if it don't fit. I just don't need to advertise I have a iPod to everyone.

Anyone else agree?