Can't Unmount iPod (in restore)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Chrisiam

As you suggested, Adam, I put the two restorers in a folder. I've twice used the 2.0 and the bar comes across, but finally when ended, says "can't unmount iPod". I then unplug, get my quick electricity, choose language, and wait for re-charge. It seems fine but should I worry about the "can't...etc."?

Also, you said "restore" for the lost music. I lost it again tonight, and the restore wouldn't work. I then reformatted (in mc9), watched 850 songs download, saw the number of 850 appear, only to unplug and find around 250 on the iPod, but the whole list was under the E letter in MC9 for iPod. Can you not re- format? Must you resore and lose battery? Also is there a save change click I'm not seeing? I just choose exit under file and unmount.

I've asked a lot, but could answer each?

Bless you! Christopher P.S. I just meant take care, more than an actual blessing... but hey...

ashawley

Website
www.
Don't worry about the can't unmount iPod during a restore. Just disconnect it. It won't hurt it. I've done it before. Usually this means that some other application is still accessing the iPod. Make double sure that you don't have any if the Apple software installed. Check in Task Manager on Services when your iPod is running to see if there's anything in there iPod related. There shouldn't be.

If there isn't, it could be your anti-virus program. Try turning it off and then seeing if you get this error.

If you've uploaded w/MC9 and not all the songs show on the iPod, but you can see them there either in MC9 or by looking at the files in My Computer, you have a corrupted iPod database. Right-click the iPod in MC9 and select Rebuild iPod Database from Files. That should do the trick and prevent you from having to do a reformat/restore.

There's nothing to save when you exit MC9, just make sure you exit out of MC9 (or at a minimum, aren't viewing the contents of your iPod) before clicking on the safely remove hardware icon.

Hope that helps.

Adam