Can't transfer new purchases, need to udpate iTunes?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

viper69

I decided to attempt to update my iphone 13Pro Max (can't change the sig file) to the latest iOS 15.4.

I synced my phone first. Sometimes I buy music directly onto my phone. Certain playlists were duplicated. In iTunes, instead of Rock, there is now Rock and Rock 1. This happened for a couple of playlists. I deleted the playlists with the number. This became too confusing. I swear iTunes is the most confusing piece of SW I've ever used, and it should be stupidly simple. It never has been.

I connected the phone to iTunes Version 12.10.11.2 (on a PC), I did a regular backup, not encrypted.

Then I selected Update. iTunes tells me something like "there are purchases on the phone which have not been transferred" continue or not are options.

So I went to File>Devices>Transfer Purchases, that took 1 second.

I try to Update again, I'm told my iTunes SW is not up to date! Well it is! My computer, before this all of this, was already authorized, but I reauthorized anyway to see if that "fixes" things. It didn't.

And I still get the Purchases message too.

What's going on? Just curious, never had these errors, behavior before.

cjmnews

Staff member
The Rock and Rock1 are the Rock playlist that was originally copied to the iPhone and then altered on the iPhone and iTunes keeps both. Rock1 is the more recent one. Since you deleted the numbered version, you lost the iPhone changes made to the playlist (additional tracks, etc.)

I think if you sync again, it will not happen as the iPhone was updated to the original Rock playlist. If Rock1 appears, then iTunes is allowing the iPhone to remain different than iTunes. Deleting the Rock list and renaming Rock1 to Rock, then checking that the Rock playlist is synced with the phone should put them back in sync.

Your iTunes is out of date for 15.4 where iTunes version 12.12.3.5 is needed for that.

The purchases message is caused by phone purchases. It can also be rectified in iTunes and going to Edit->Preferences, Downloads and checking Music in Automatic Downloads, then clicking OK.

The transfer of purchased music should have worked, not sure why it wouldn't outside of maybe 12.10 can't handle 15.3, that would be my guess.

Basically, update iTunes and you should be good.

viper69

Hi CJ

Thanks. Had a feeling the Rock1 was from the phone. Fortunately only 1 song was added.

Didn't know iTunes keeps both! Eesh, out of date. I may have to use a different PC then. One has Win7 the other Win10. I don't think there's a more recent version for Win7.

I already have the checking Music in Automatic Downloads selected. So that won't help unfortunately.

cjmnews

Staff member
Version 12.10.11.2 was the last one for Windows 7.

I would suggest migrating the library from Windows 7 to Windows 10.