Can't Reset My iPod Touch 5G with iOS 7

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

TurnUpTheRadio

Hey guys, I need some help.
Recently, I moved my iTunes account from one email to another, and updated my iPod touch 5G to iOS 7, now I want to do a complete reset of my iPod (not to remove iOS 7, just to start over with my files), and when I click the "Erase all content and setting" button, it says asks me to enter the password to my old email, even though I have a new one now :confused: Sorry if this makes no sense, it's kinda urgent and I'm in a rush, if you need any more information please ask me, thank you :)

kornchild2002

You are better off restoring the iPod with a computer. Sometimes iOS devices are not updated after you change your Apple ID e-mail or change other Apple-related information with your account. There are many times when an iOS device will continue to ask for your old e-mail address and password instead of switching over to the new one. Restoring the iPod with your computer (which will erase absolutely everything on it including settings) will force allow your iPod to look up your new account information and sync it over from iTunes.

TurnUpTheRadio

You are better off restoring the iPod with a computer. Sometimes iOS devices are not updated after you change your Apple ID e-mail or change other Apple-related information with your account. There are many times when an iOS device will continue to ask for your old e-mail address and password instead of switching over to the new one. Restoring the iPod with your computer (which will erase absolutely everything on it including settings) will force allow your iPod to look up your new account information and sync it over from iTunes.
I've tried that, but after I click Restore on iTunes, it says that Find My iPod Touch must be turned off, when I go to turn it off, it asks me to enter my iCloud
details, but I can't change the email to my new one, and my old one doesn't work :confused:

EDIT 2: I've gone into recovery mode and I'm restoring it now, hopefully it will work :)

Last edited:

TurnUpTheRadio

I've tried that, but after I click Restore on iTunes, it says that Find My iPod Touch must be turned off, when I go to turn it off, it asks me to enter my iCloud
details, but I can't change the email to my new one, and my old one doesn't work :confused:

EDIT 2: I've gone into recovery mode and I'm restoring it now, hopefully it will work :)
Recovery mode worked fine, it's back to day 1 now and I'm just re-downloading all my apps, thanks for the help :)