Can't find where you specify if you want to use the hard drive for data

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Nisko

The old version used to ask you (check box if memory serves). Can't find that option.

cjmnews

Staff member
Never heard of this option, and I have been using iTunes since version 2.

It always uses the hard drive for data.

Nisko

Thank you!!!

Thank you for all your replies. I can't try them all immediately - just had a major operation and am recuperating. However, the one I looked at was the count of number of tunes in Music. There is nothing at the bottom of my windw. However, the count is near the top for each playlist. Any further instructions? Thank you.......

cjmnews

Staff member
Yes, open the sidebar Crtl-S and click on Music in the sidebar. The count will be at the bottom.

I just upgraded to 11.4 since you mentioned you were on the latest and I was not notified of the release and it behaves the same.

Nisko

Don't know why - but the Tune Count is not at the bottom of the window as it always was before. I found a free program on the Internet that recover my 50 playlists. It's called CopyTrans Control. It repaired my playlists in about 30 seconds. Great!!! I think I found it through a link you sent to me - but not sure.

I have anew question: We all know that the tune shuufle is not really RANDOM. However, I've tried all the tips and techniques about simulating randomness - but, by the tunes that play every day (I use the best 'tip' several times a day and have 500 tunes in my favorite Playlist) isn't as good as a truly random playlist. What I've been doing is clicking on the shuffle icon once or twice when I turn on iTUNES. With my operation, iTUNES is the only 'enjoyment' I get every day. Do you know of a program or plugin (or whatever) that would give me true randomness? Again, thanks for being there and giving me great replies to my questions!!!

cjmnews

Staff member
If your iTunes does not have the count at the bottom, something is wrong with your installation.
No matter where I click I get a count at the bottom. See the attached image.

If you continue not to have the count, I would uninstall and reinstall.

I use a series of nested smart playlists to randomize.
It is also not perfect, but it is a huge improvement over shuffle.

Code Monkey used to have a document, but all the links I have to it are dead.

Basically you have several smart playlists:
5 Star songs (selected at random or by least recently played, must be less than number of all 5 star songs)
4 Star songs (selected at random or by least recently played, must be less than number of all 5 star songs)
etc.

Then you have mixer playlists:
Really Good songs (select 5 & 4 star songs at random, < total # of 5 & 4 star songs)
Good Songs (select 3 & 2 star songs...)

Then you have you final playlist (select Really Good songs, Good Songs at random < total # of songs)

His was more elaborate and used an exclusion playlist.

Attachments

Nisko

Thanks - I'll try the reinstall tactic. As for the random play, your description is way beyond my capabilities. Thanks for the help.

cjmnews

Staff member
The nested playlists need some pictures and documents. Too bad they don't exist anymore.

I may try to recreate them someday, but probably not. Too many things to do.

Nisko

I understand - I'm the same way (too many things to do)!!

Best regards.............