Cancelled my Touch order

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Johnny Alien

Dogenzaka said:
That was 2001. It's a media player now. Get it right.
Ummmmm...OK. It's a media player...calm down.

Dogenzaka said:
Your point?
You keep insulting people that disagree with you. That's my point.

Dogenzaka said:
It's simply that everyone I ask about why they put flash in there seem to answer me with "IT'S THE FUTURE. DENY THIS AND YOU SUCK."
I have seen many people myslf included give you guesses at this but the bottom line is no one here works at Apple. If you ar enot getting any answer you like than stop asking. And no shouting won't help.

Dogenzaka said:
Unless you're a mindreader, you have no basis to your judgment of my motives.
I can tell you that you have 27 posts here and most are complaining about the touch.

Dogenzaka said:
Name another touchscreen widescreen media player and I'd be glad to.
I believe that Archos company has one but Google might help you quite a bit.

Dogenzaka said:
Just like you are? I have the right to express my opinion on the new iPod, just like the other "ranters". YOU get over it.
I am not ranting about anything I am just sick of you flipping out about this topic.

Dogenzaka said:
Once again, logically, you're not a mindreader, therefore cannot prove what I'm "thinking/implying/motives" are. I'm not insulting. You're the one bypassing the word filter. It seems to me you're the one in trouble.
Like I said I can read your posts. It doesn't take a mindreader to know you are trying to insult those that disagree with you or say what you want to hear. And bypassing means getting past them. Since I have alot of #### then I guess I'm not bypassing.

Dogenzaka said:
The difference between a $300 iPod touch with 8GB and a $250 iPod classic with 80GB is highly worth discussing.
Then discuss them but the point is you don't like the flash drive and Apple released it. Eventually you will realize that no matter how much you yell it won't change a thing and no one but the design crew has the reason. If you ask me it has to do with the mobile OS X being designed for flash drive and instead of re-doing it to use HDD for the iPod they just used the same code. I also think that design was a factor was well as the reliability and yes even battery life. And before I have to hear about the classic getting 40 hours again, think about this. The 80 gig classic uses the exact same battery as the 5.5 G 30 gig iPod that got 14 hours battery life. I wonder why? Could it be...different hardware and tweaked software?

Dogenzaka

I'm, shameless, simply being rude and insulting to jmpage NOW because he began to be rude and insulting to ME. I don't take it lightly when someone calls me out when I was asking a question.

His quote to me:
You're kind of talking out of your ### here

Then you bring up a quote from another thread and spam this one:
Dogenzaki said this is another thread
Dogenzaka You have only made 8 post as a new user today and insulted 2 people so far. Nice... NOT

When your statement was unfounded because fanboy doesn't even count as an insult, nor did you care to point out the other.

So back off.

You keep insulting people that disagree with you. That's my point.
As do people with me.
Fanboy is not an insult.

I have seen many people myslf included give you guesses at this but the bottom line is no one here works at Apple. If you ar enot getting any answer you like than stop asking. And no shouting won't help.
Shouting? This is written text. Jeez.
If I'm not getting a valid answer, I will ask again in the hopes someone who knows will answer. That's logic.

I can tell you that you have 27 posts here and most are complaining about the touch.
And the others are supporting. I'm not on a hate or love side of the touch. I'm getting one, but I am displeased at the capacity. Get over it.

I believe that Archos company has one but Google might help you quite a bit.
Really? I'll look into it. Thanks.

Like I said I can read your posts. It doesn't take a mindreader to know you are trying to insult those that disagree with you or say what you want to hear. And bypassing means getting past them. Since I have alot of #### then I guess I'm not bypassing.
Just like others are trying to insult me because I disagree?
Well you're being censored. Sounds to me like someone who's mad.

Then discuss them but the point is you don't like the flash drive and Apple released it.
I was simply wondering WHY.

Eventually you will realize that no matter how much you yell it won't change a thing
Really? I was sure Apple was one who listened to the consumers. Screw that theory then.

Last edited:

a113524c

Why is it that so many people have been signing up for the ilounge forums. I think its cool to see some new people but it's kind of annoying when all you do is complain about the storage capacity and lack of calender editing.

Don't get me wrong, I complain sometimes too, but I don't sign up for a website just to argue with people about a product that just came out. Remember, the iPod Touch is a first generation device. Think about the first iPod, it was not the greatest iPod ever, but it was the first and it lead to many revolutionary devices.

So if you are complaining about various things on the iPod Touch just don't get it. It a year or two there will be a 2nd Gen. iPod Touch and you will have the oportunity to comlain about that one. It took the iPod Classic 6 generations to become a developed device, and the nano 3. Just be patient and remember it's a first generation device!

Dogenzaka

Why is it that so many people have been signing up for the ilounge forums. I think its cool to see some new people but it's kind of annoying when all you do is complain about the storage capacity and lack of calender editing.
Well I don't like the storage. People will have to understand that.
As far as calendars? pffft I don't care. It will be a media player to me, if that is, I have space for my media.

but I don't sign up for a website just to argue with people about a product that just came out.
Personally? I signed up here to:
1.) Ask about the flash drive
2.) If it was replaceable
3.) Should I get it
4.) How to get TV shows to work on my iPod Video
5.) If the new interface for iPod classic was coming to the old iPod Videos.
6.) Express my opinion.

a113524c

I am not pointing any specific person out, this has just been bugging me for a while. I like to read a thread and get some information out of it. I don't want to click on it and see 3 pages with the same people crying about why someone insulted them.

Go ahead express your opinion I just don't want to have to read through long arguments to get to the post where people are actually a) expressing their opinion or b) giving some useful information

Shameless1

Been around a while
Dogenzaka go back and just look at your post.

Last edited:

Johnny Alien

Dogenzaka said:
Personally? I signed up here to:
1.) Ask about the flash drive
2.) If it was replaceable
3.) Should I get it
4.) How to get TV shows to work on my iPod Video
5.) If the new interface for iPod classic was coming to the old iPod Videos.
6.) Express my opinion.
1. No one knows but we have the speculation from above. It certainly seems Apple has made a touchy decision though :)
2. I do not believe it is or if it is it's difficult. It's not out yet but when it is iFixIt will probably have it apart. They did the Nano though and I think they said the flash was not easily upgradeable. Take a look at their site.
3. Depends on if it meets your needs.
4. Where are the shows coming from. There is a feature in iTunes to convert video to iPod format depending on what original format you have.
5. I doubt it. You are right about them doing it with the 5.5G upgrades but even then it only worked on 5G ipods not anything before like the 4G. I believe this was possible because the hardware was pretty much the same. I think they made too many changes to be able to make it backwards compatible. Even the 5G games from iTunes don't work on the classic. That says something I think.
6. No problem just don't freak to much. And as a sidenote while fanboy isn't overly negative the way you are using it is suggesting that I am blind because of Apple love. THAT is what I find insulting.

toothpaste

Dogenzaka said:
In my personal case, the only people who own Nanos that I know are people who can't afford the regular iPod, so I think it's just a cheaper iPod solution that makes the iPod available to everyone. That's just my take on it though.

I have a nano. I can afford a full size/huge capacity/hdd based ipod, several in fact. But being active, the constant vibrant and shaking causes hdd damage/skips. Plus it is bulkier to carry around.

a113524c

toothpaste said:
I have a nano. I can afford a full size/huge capacity/hdd based ipod, several in fact. But being active, the constant vibrant and shaking causes hdd damage/skips. Plus it is bulkier to carry around.
Yes, I have a nano and an iPod video. The iPod nano is the most popular iPod and a lot of people obviously want it over the iPod video. So Dogenzaka that is a very broad statement that I think is not true. Do your research before you post.:D

muffinmanAZ

Excuse me? The size of the screen has nothing to do with the cost of Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is dirt cheap to build in now. If Nintendo DS's for just $130 and two screens and a touch screen implement them and they make a huge profit off of them, you should know Wi-Fi is pretty cheap to build in. And, a web browser doesn't count as "costs", it's a software, and a free one at that, that they just borrowed from the iPhone.
Way to spin my comment

Here are the cliffnotes of the prior conversation for you:

Person 1: Sansa 16gb only costs xxx, while iTouch costs twice as much
Person 2: Well, it's partly because iTouch has more production costs associated with it outside of just flash memory, such as wi-fi, software, 3.5" touchscreen
Person 1: Well Sansa is actually 2.5" and wi-fi is worthless to me.
Me: Just because wi-fi is worthless to you doesn't mean it doesn't have production costs associated with it. And there is a big cost diff. between a 2.5" TFT and a 3.5" glass touchscreen.

and no, the software isn't free. Someone had to spend money researching, developing, and testing it - the R&D costs are factored into the final price. Granted, it may not be much but my point is that it still DOES ADD SOME COST whether it's personally "worthless" to you or not.

As for the classic having longer battery life - the NUMBER ONE factor of battery usage is the size and brightness of the screen. The iPod touch has a substantially larger screen and therefor sucks more juice.

It's nothing against you, my comments were directed at Person 1 and his flawed logic. If anything, I, too, believe that the jump to flash memory was a bit premature.

Last edited:

caporider

toothpaste said:
I totally agree with this point - eventually a HDD will crash and burn if moved around too much. I don't like to have to baby my iPod when I'm outdoors doing stuff - which is sort of the only time I listen to my iPod uninterrupted. That's just me, of course, but it makes me look forward to owning a 16GB Touch.

mini.boss

IpOdChIcK said:
I have to agree with this. I understand people's point a little but when it comes down to it.....it's a damn ipod. I'm not buying it for calendar entries, that's what I have my phone for. if I couldn't play all my music or videos, then I'd be upset
Just because Steve Jobs says its "only" an iPod doesn't mean its only an iPod. The first gen was purely music. But over each gen they've added things like video, contacts, calendars and now touch and wifi.

No offense intended here, but we need to really quit allowing corporations to think for us and start acting like consumers again. If a product doesn't do what you want then we SUPPOSED to request it rather than make excuses for why a company crippled a device. That's the job of Apple's marketing department, NOT the consumers who spend big money for evolving products.

As for the iPod Touch. Sure, its an iPod. But "iPod" has meant more each generation and we are clearly at a point where "iPod" is capable of doing much more than playing music and videos. So there's nothing wrong with expecting it to not be crippled.

Gunner

mini.boss said:
Just because Steve Jobs says its "only" an iPod doesn't mean its only an iPod. The first gen was purely music. But over each gen they've added things like video, contacts, calendars and now touch and wifi.

No offense intended here, but we need to really quit allowing corporations to think for us and start acting like consumers again. If a product doesn't do what you want then we SUPPOSED to request it rather than make excuses for why a company crippled a device. That's the job of Apple's marketing department, NOT the consumers who spend big money for evolving products.

As for the iPod Touch. Sure, its an iPod. But "iPod" has meant more each generation and we are clearly at a point where "iPod" is capable of doing much more than playing music and videos. So there's nothing wrong with expecting it to not be crippled.
I don't think we are making excuses, just realizing that these 1st gen devices always have compromises.

The device is interesting enough in its capabilities to get quite a few of us un board. Will it be further refined and have increased capacity over future generations? Naturally.

tonyclifton

This is just not true, lots of people dont own or dont want hundreds of music albums so a nano capacity ipod is plenty for them.

Then factor in all the people who buy the nano because...well because its nano, lots of nano users use because its so small it can be taken everywhere without thinking about it.

People may also buy it because it is entry level but not necessarily because they cant afford to buy a larger ipod but rather dont value any music player as more than the cost of a nano and spend their money elsewhere.

I have just bought my first nano after owning lots of other full size ipods, the reason i bought it...size and cost....not ready to buy a touch with 16g for £270 so i will wait and use the nano in the interim and upgrade to a touch when it suits me more...but the nano will also be continually useful for excerise etc...another reason people buy nanos.

Dogenzaka said:
In my personal case, the only people who own Nanos that I know are people who can't afford the regular iPod, so I think it's just a cheaper iPod solution that makes the iPod available to everyone. That's just my take on it though.

And Johnny Alien, personally, there's nothing that annoys me more on a vacation than looking for a certain song and remembering I couldn't fit it in my iPod so I sacrificed it for another one. :(

KrNbOy503

Website
www.myspace.com
Dogenzaka said:
Well I don't like the storage. People will have to understand that.
As far as calendars? pffft I don't care. It will be a media player to me, if that is, I have space for my media.
Funny how you are bashing on the touch when in one post you said you ordered it Lol.
Dude, grow up.

homeboy

Dogenzaka said:
But wait...you're upset because it doesn't have calendar entries? Ummmmm who cares it's a media player not a PDA.
It actually is a PDA but marketed at a media player. I'm a power user and hate when products are deliberately crippled. I want to be able to take full advantage for a product I have paid for.

kyussmondo

homeboy said:
It actually is a PDA but marketed at a media player. I'm a power user and hate when products are deliberately crippled. I want to be able to take full advantage for a product I have paid for.
Most people don't though. Products need to have that balance, especially mobile devices otherwise it is going to effect ease of use. Touch screens and wi-fi have all been used before, but Apple is great at designing software that works really well with that hardware that makes the product work well. Take the iPhone, the features have always been there, but Apple has created an interface which is incredibly easy to use and more people start to use them. Touch screen as it was, was pretty poor. With multi-touch it has became usable.

This is good news for most people, but for power users then they should probably look else where other than the iPod.

For me, the iPod is great. It syncs with my PC/Mac, plays my music and the occasional video. The sound quality sounds good to me and I don't really care for things like FM Radio or Recording. And because it hasn't got all these added extras, it is probably a lot easier to use.

Now I am just waiting on the iPhone to come to the UK. I would love to have contacts and emails sync with my computer the way iTunes syncs with my iPod.

Last edited:

superleeds

Johnny Alien said:
Really? You think that listening to the iPod for 4-8 hours a day with 16 gig will yield repeated tracks? I listen to my album all day from my car ride into work to the car ride back. Let's say roughly 5 hours a day and I listen to maybe 5 or 6 albums. In preparation for the touch I created a playlist and stuck my essentials in it (what I listen to all the time). I set up 8 gigs so far and it has 200 albums. That is enough for me to go almost three weeks without listening to an album twice and listening most of the day plus I have room left over for some shows, movies and podcasts. It's called music management. It took me awhile to realize that I don't need to take everything with me all the time.

I also don't understand how that is not enough for a trip either. I realize syncing alot is a pain but once every other week is no bog deal to me.

Let's face it music and video collections continue to grow and the portable units will not always keep up and I think it's silly to think they need to. Some people will always have the desire or need to take a ton of stuff with them and if they want to buy an iPod then there is a model for them. The reason why Apple won't start with HDD is because HDD will always be ahead of flash. So what if they went with the 80 gig and 160 gig drive. Would you be happy when they dropped to 32 gig next year? How about if they stuck with HDD until the smallest drive were 160 and the max over 200. Would you be happy when they dropped to 64 and those mega drives were available? By sticking with flash from the start they never have to face that mega drop backwards.

Bang on post, with my 60GB iPod my iTunes management was awful. I have 24 GB of music yet was always listening to the same as finding the hidden gems or forgotten tracks was like finding a needle in a haystack! Now in prep for the touch I have spent around 2 days sorting my music into genre playlist, properly rated tracks 1-5 stars, gone rid of the dead wood and now I am going to sort my video collection, lots of encoding for the next week or so!

I am still slightly sceptical changing from 60Gb down to 16GB (more than likely 15GB once Apps and iPod software are taken into account) but it's a learning curve on iTunes management and sorting what content you want as opposed to what I used to do which was try to fill the HD with anything.

One other good thing is that the FM radio remote works with the Touch.

Last edited: