Can I Use 2 Ipods on 1 iTunes Account?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

maisy

Ski & Blade
Hi All,

I am running the latest version of iTunes 4.9 and use it to sync my 4th Gen 20gb iPod. I have about 3000 song/Podcast/audiobook files within the library and various playlists.

I have just bought a 512mb iPod Shuffle for my wife and wanted to ask is there any problem with using the same version of iTunes to load songs onto both of our iPods?

Thank you in advance....

fluffie

to elaborate on this question.... suppose two family members, only one computer. daughter (12 y.o.) has a mini and dad (mid 40's) has a new shuffle. he needs to use itunes to load his shuffle but obviously does not share daughters music taste. daughter prob won't appreciate dad's choices in her library either... i suggested that dad create a playlist of his stuff and manually load the shuffle from there. any better ways around this?

grs1959

I think the best solution is to create separate user accounts. Both then can totally separate iTunes libraries.

rldunn

grs1959 said:
2 Windows accounts. I have everyone in the family setup with their own account.
This is what I did last night. My wife just got her new Mini, and I already have a Mini and a Shuffle. Our musical tastes overlap a little, but differ some too. I set her up with her own Windows account, copied my iTunes folder to her Documents using Windows Explorer, then logged on as her and went into iTunes and deleted out the songs that she doesn't like. Net effect is we have some songs duplicated on the same hard drive, but it allows for easy ipod syncing and separate rating/play count information.

kenGR

Or you could place all your music in a common folder, and each user adds just the music of his preference to his iTunes library.
You then have to manually organize folders etc, but it saves space.