Can I EQ Incoming Rip?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

darita

If I'm ripping a cd, lossless, to itunes, can eq it so that I can send it to my ipod, eq'd? Reason is, I play my ipod thru my car stereo. I don't want to have to change eq settings on the stereo for every album.

cjmnews

Staff member
Yes you can set the equalizer for each track. You have to do it after it is imported. Not on an incoming rip.

You can select 1 or more tracks, right click 1, choose Get Info, click on the Options tab and use the Equalizer Preset drop down to set it.

Now whether or not the iPod will use it is an open debate. I think that by setting the iPod to disabled Equalizer, it uses the track settings. Other say that you need to use Flat, Loudness or Small Speakers to get the Equalizer to work on the iPod. Others say the iPod ignores it completely.

darita

Interesting...thanks for the reply. I have a Classic 160gb. I don't recall an option to use or disable eq.

darita

Thanks for the help. I went into the itunes eq and made my own preset. I then went to my album>get info>option and set my preset eq to the album. Now, for that album, my preset plays out of my ipod, which is connected to my car stereo...beauty! Thanks again!