can a 2g 10G and 3g 30G coexist??

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

SolidState

n00b here. I have owned a 2g 10G since x-mas with no problems. Heck, I have even had no problems with MMJB. Today, I purchased a 3g 30G ipod. I am having trouble using the new ipod. Actually, mounting works well, but neither MMJB or Ephpod can actually communicate with the NEW 'pod. In Ephpod, I get an error message saying "cannot create :\ipod_control" when I hit the "build ipod directory structure" button. wtf??? Within MMJB, the new 'pod is not even there. Refreshing the devices does nothing. If I hook up my old 'pod, there's no problems. Am I missing something? Shouldn't this be easier? Did I just waste $500? I'm hoping to take this new 30G on vacation tomorrow!

Here's my info:

Gateway 2.2ghz
1G RAM
WinXP
MMJB v7.1
ephpod 2

TIA,

Solid

ashawley

Website
www.
They can work together fine. But you won't be able to use MMJB to upload. You'll have to stick w/ephpod (or switch to MC9 or Xplay).

To solve the ephpod problem, just open up the iPod in My Computer, delete the "ipod_control" folder. If you don't see it make sure you have viewing of hidden files enabled.

Then fire up ephpod, it'll be able to create the directory now.

Adam

SolidState

Thanks Adam.

I ended up re-installing the software from the new cdrom, and things are working well now. I guess having the old software isn't enough to 'initialize' the new 'pod.