Buy now or wait? 3g upgraders please comment.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Aceon6

Barca Lounger
I finally have been able to cost justify the iPhone. I'm thinking about buying a 3g, then evaluating my options once the new phone/plans are rolled out in July.

Last time, ATT gave recent purchasers 45 days for a "semi-free" upgrade that didn't involve a new contract or lots of conditions.

If you upgraded last time, was it a hassle? If I can get it IN WRITING, that 1) I'm eligible for an upgrade, and 2) I can re-choose plans when the new ones are announced, are there any risks with buying this week? Should I wait till next week just to be safe?

R

ReyZero

You won't get it in writing, they may not do the same deal.
I'd wait, just because the price will be the same, for a better (hopefully) unit

Cobra302

do you guys think that the availablity of the new iphones will be an issue? i just ordered my new 3g, had one before, and got rid of it, long story. anyway, i was considering waiting for the new iphone, but finally decided to just get one, but do you think there will be a shortage of the new iphone when it comes out?

R

ReyZero

Apple seems to be ramping up their number of iPhones prepared for the launch, I'm guessing there will be a shortage, but not as bad as the 3G was